Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2014 Hydrodrag thoughts

I know this year isn't even over, but I would like to initiate some thoughts on making 2014 Hydrodrags better with what we have learned in 2013.

I have been thinking, I know that is dangerous but I have come up with these ideas for 2014. This is only my thoughts and may or may not make sense, but I feel these ideas would help clear much of the confusion that has gone on in 2013. The main thing is communication, we need ONE SINGLE WEBSITE organized and dedicated to the Hydrodrags.

Currently we have multiple means of communication:
    * IJSBA site http://www.ijsba.com/2013/03/28/hydr...elease-posted/
    * Multiple GreenHulk threads which all have different information making it difficult to find the information you need
    * An official Hydrodrag FaceBook page which really doesn't have much action and isn't updated frequently. https://www.facebook.com/HydroDrags
    * A 2013 Hydrodrag Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/472835689465902/

The new dedicated Hydrodrag website or updated IJSBA site should include:

* Rules released prior to the series so folks can build their skis in time for the first race
    * The rules need to be enforced and not changed along the way
    * Entry forms. Available for online entry and use of PayPal
    * Schedule should be coordinated in advance with the race sites and then announced.
    * The dedicated website is regularly updated with race results and points standings after each race
    * Have a Q&A portal where someone can ask a question and only an official has access to answer it. Having multiple outlets for information where anyone can post questions and anyone can answer adds to the confusion.

2013 was the first year with national events and world finals were held so it has been a learning curve for all. Hopefully we all learned from it and can all help grow the sport like everyone wants in 2014! Let's try to keep this positive and on track to help those sponsoring and putting the event on positive.
    Last edited by Gus13letter; 09-20-2013 at 10:23 AM.

+1
    A late April race
    Early September race
    Nov world finals
    The summer is too hot and too busy for a good turn out
    need equal rules for classes if Yamaha can have 18lb boost in limited Seadoo can too
    Wait we don't have a charger that makes 18lbs boost

3. +1 by:

+1
    Would LUV to see back to back weekends of Hydrodrags and the AquaX like this yr..would have planned my family vacation around it..Hoping the two events are again run one weekend after another.
    Already planning to stay in St. Pete for that wk.DEFINITELY if it happens that way.
    That's a lot of skiers for the two event weekends and may bring skiers from longer distances like myself to compete..I would run 300Masters class in the AquaX and Pro stock in the Hydrodrags

Hope that Michele Petro and Mike Young can Schedule this again for August or whenever...

Just an idea Gus..

+1
    Sounds good Gus I think You Would Make a awesome Moderator and Be Good for the Sport.
    Add a Novice Class

need equal rules for classes if Yamaha can have 18lb boost in limited Seadoo can too

LOL FUNNY

+1
    I agree on the boost part.
    I bet if you spin it at 9000 you will get 18 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    A late April race
    Early September race
    Nov world finals

7. +1 by:

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpstan View Post
    A late April race
    Early September race
    Nov world finals
    That only takes just a click or two on the ecu map rpm limit

+1
    Why not make it a winter series? Between the national IJSBA series, regional races & P1 Auqa-X, it's a pretty full calender. I think it would bring in a lot more of the CC racing crowd & people from other regions if the drag events were scheduled in winter. From what Mike Young & Mike Hodges explained to me, part of the reason they wanted to stick to the IJSBA rulebook was because they wanted to bring over more racers from other series without them having to make major changes to their boats. Running the drags in winter would mean they would only have to change their setups once a year, & we could have a more drag racing specific set of rules. Not to mention, if people in the midwest & NE are looking out their windows & seeing snow on the ground, it would be a great reason for them to take a trip to FL to race & enjoy some mild weather.

10. +1 by:

+1
    I would love to see the stock class come back to the Hydrodrags. I'm up in Atlanta and would definitely make the drive down for that. Being that I'm a newbie still, I think that would be a good way to get a taste of the Hydrodrags without having to sell my wife and kid for upgrades lol

+1
    Shucks, if there is a "stock" class, you might even see my big, flabby ass out there competing!

P1 AquaX has been a great series for its initial season, and I would encourage anyone that is thinking about it to go for it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information