+1

VXR purchase without a test ride

I had been heavy on the GTR 215, but after careful consideration, reading, and talking with dealers who sell both I have decided to get a '13 VXR. My one problem is I have never ridden one. My last 7+ years have been on a Kawasaki STX-15F. I guess I would be classified as an "aggressive" (albeit safe) rider. I am not a big fan of donuts since it just burns gas, but I like to be able to get 180 degrees on a dime while I am giving thrill rides to passengers. It would be all lake riding with chop depending on how the wind is blowing.

So is there anything I might need to know that would warrant me trying to find one to test ride first?

Also, how much wiggle room do dealers usually have? I have an out the door quote of $12,551 for the '13 VXR + trailer. I also have an OTD quote of $11,609 for a '13 GTR 215, trailer, and cover from a different dealer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by emerson1 View Post
    I am not a big fan of donuts since it just burns gas, but I like to be able to get 180 degrees on a dime while I am giving thrill rides to passengers. It would be all lake riding with chop depending on how the wind is blowing.

So is there anything I might need to know that would warrant me trying to find one to test ride first?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=207064

Banned User
    +1
    I got to ride one last week. You will like it. I guarantee it. Very very nimble and great acceleration.

+1
    I am now having to wait until October due to not having enough time for my co-signers to sign (on vacation). So now I have to ask what deals are usually better? Off-season or "boat show prices"? I figure it will be $1,000 more for a 2014 model compared to the offer I have now with rebates since from what I have read the VXR hasn't changed much and I assume the October rebate will be a little less.

Heck, maybe this will just make me get one of the SHVO models.

+1
    Boat show prices are usually up a little. They've got to transport the ski there and pay for the show. You might be able get a better price on the last day of the show ...

Nearly $1,000 savings on a ski that beats the other in every single category (safety, features, acceleration, storage, fuel options), with the single exception of 1-2mph top speed... do you plan on running at 69-70mph vs 67-68mph 99% of the time, or race over a very extended straight line? (then the VXR wins)(and by the way, good luck stopping with one of them when some idiot runs across in front of you at that speed). I'd highly recommend doing a feature for feature comparison and then add-in $950 savings... I don't know why you'd consider the VXR. Don't get me wrong, AT ALL, the VXR is a great machine, I spent a HUGE amount of time and effort debating the GTR and VXR (before I made a purchase) and that was when they were the same price. I went GTR and have had ZERO second thoughts. You make one cheaper than the other and they're not on the same page, they don't compare.

Thread Information