Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fogging kit

+1

Fogging kit

I did a search and could not find anything specific.

I would like to have an easy way to fog both my skis as I ride in salt water regularly. The only way now is to remove either the spark plugs or the fuel injectors which seems a PITA after every ride. On the 05 GTX could I install a fogging port after the throttle body and if so would this fog all cylinders equally ? On the 04 215hp with the intercooler I read you need a fogging port in each intake runner after the cooler to properly fog the cylinders. I did find some info on the Les Cooke fogging kit which seems like a much easier way to fog but the price after shipping is high for basically some rubber hoses.

Has anyone made their own set up ? How easy is it to tap into the intake manifold ?

Banned User
    +1
    There's a kit in ebay for like 40

+1
    Get some CRC or WD-40 and fog through the SC. This protects the SC, IC and engine. remember WD will eat rubber so try to keep it off motor mounts and crap like that.

Banned User
    +1
    How do you fog through charger

+1
    with the motor running point a can of CRC-fogging oil or 656 or WD 40 @ it and let it suck all that shit through. Won't harm it one ounce. It's the only way to go when riding salt.

Also helps to have a really short rear intake

Banned User
    +1
    hmm i got the riva rear air but doesnt take but 5 minutes to remove the stack. thanks man

+1
    no problem. also cleans deposits anywhere

+1
    I really wanted to do this mod since all I do is salt water riding. After 60hours and 18 months on my px260, the valves/seats and everything else I could see looked great when I had the valve cover and intake off during my stage 4 build. No signs of rust. I'm thinking the best thing for any ski (or motor) is regular and good maintenance. There was a nice coating of oil on everything I could see. I will not be doing said mod at this time

+1
    As long as you run your motor often there is no need to fog it..

Just when its going to sit for a month or more without running its good to fog.

I've seen a 25 yr old 2 smoke that has original motor and great compression. Owner fogged it when it sat.
    Maintenance is the key to successful jet skis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    with the motor running point a can of CRC-fogging oil or 656 or WD 40 @ it and let it suck all that shit through. Won't harm it one ounce. It's the only way to go when riding salt.

Also helps to have a really short rear intake

I have a few cans of Seafoam fogging spray that smokes like crazy when burned. I tried spraying directly into the charger expecting to see lots of smoke when it started burning but no such luck. Do the 4tecs have a wire type MAF sensor ? If so I know from using oiled air filters in diesel trucks the oil will mess up the MAF sensor so I was reluctant to keep spraying before the throttle body.

wotxxxsd

As long as you run your motor often there is no need to fog it..

Just when its going to sit for a month or more without running its good to fog.

I've seen a 25 yr old 2 smoke that has original motor and great compression. Owner fogged it when it sat.
    Maintenance is the key to successful jet skis.
    I'm in Canada so unfortunately the skis sit for months over the winter. During the summer it can sometimes be two weeks between rides and it would give me that warm fuzzy feeling knowing they are fogged between salt water rides especially with the exhaust valve issue on the earlier models.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information