Question about Exhaust Valve in 4/2006 motor?

My 05 RXP dropped an exhaust valve when it was about a year old..at 26 hours. The engine was replaced under warranty with a new short block on 4/26/2016... You guys think it still has the flawed exhaust valves? I figure the only way to be sure is to open it up.. Just wondered what you guys would say

+1
    06 was the changeover year. I have an 06 head with the correct valves. You have to look @ the stem and check the numbers. Without doing that you have a 50/50 chance of having the same crap valves

Quote Originally Posted by g550plt View Post
    My 05 RXP dropped an exhaust valve when it was about a year old..at 26 hours. The engine was replaced under warranty with a new short block on 4/26/2016... You guys think it still has the flawed exhaust valves? I figure the only way to be sure is to open it up.. Just wondered what you guys would say
    Pull the valve cover off. Take a mirror and look around the top of the valve stems. If they have a 72 prefix on the part number they are OLD STYLE valve that had premature valve failures. if they have 75 prefix part number.. They are New Style UP Dated valves. Now this is considering that the engine mfrger used SEADOO O.E. VALVES?

I assume it's stock.. It was a warranty engine swap.. Funny that after talking to both dealers in my area .. They act like it's just an anomaly due to poor maintenance.. Pretty funny for having that failure at 3 months old and 26 hours..

Quote Originally Posted by g550plt View Post
    I assume it's stock.. It was a warranty engine swap.. Funny that after talking to both dealers in my area .. They act like it's just an anomaly due to poor maintenance.. Pretty funny for having that failure at 3 months old and 26 hours..
    Sometimes if you admit there is a problem with a part?? it has a price attached to fix in. They have made a part improvement with the seadoo OE valve. but there are aftermarket valves too....

Thread Information