Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Honda rumors

+1

Honda rumors

Is it true are Honda about to re enter the market with a 330 hp beast or is it all idle gossip ?

Graham

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    my vote=idle gossip. Honda shot themselves in the foot in the PWC market and never went to the hospital after the fact.

my secret wish=Honda comes back and crushes everybody

+1
    I hope it is not gossip Peter, we share the same wish.

+1
    Its gonna run 90mph, theoretically.

+1
    I wish Honda would come back as comp. is good. The more the marrier.

6. +1 by:

+1
    Obviously you guys didn't ride hondas very often..

I had a Honda tech at a Honda pwc dealership tell me that Honda's cars , generators and mowers are great but don't think your going to get that kind of reliability out of there pwc..

+1
    wotxxxsd that's rich coming from a SeaDoo owner, you can criticize a few things on the F15's but not there reliability, especially compared to a Sea Doo.
    Mind you your mate at the dealership is probably right any PWC compared to a Honda car generator or a mower probably on average is not as reliable. lol

+1
    I'm thinking if Honda was planning on making a comeback they would still be servicing their existing models.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Honda's dealer network obviously wasn't up to par, nor was their marketing.

It's going to be a tough sell in a down economy, specially when Seadoo has just lowered the entry bar with the spark line.

if Honda was to try to make it back into the market, a 300hp top line ski wouldn't be my vote at the R/D meeting.

A series of affordable, quality pwcs is their only chance at a comeback in my opinion. The same way they ran their motorcycle biz back in the70's

Honda ran all sorts of events to introduce people to their low end motocylces..it worked.

Kawasaki, Seadoo and Yamaha are well entrenched in the hi performance arena.

It would be foolish to try to compete.

Similar to my shoe beating at my last job that the cellphone market was going to kill demands for compact cameras by 2010.

Well it has and now my old company has finally acknowledged that the small camera market is pretty much done for..everybody is going to be using smartphones to take snapshots, as picture quantity has one the battle over quantity. To see a newspaper print a picture taken with an iphone makes me cringe, but the art of photography is long gone. Now it's the scattergun approach..take 1000 shots and you'll find that perfect one in there somewhere ( as long as I ignore the optics of a 6mm lens and the bad color repro, I'm just "ok" with it

Honda made a similar strategic mistake back in the day when they came out with the CBX, a six cylinder sportbike that was too expensive, too powerful and cornered badly. Kawasaki's 1300 cc 6 cylinder bike pretty much went the same route, even though I think that powerplant would have been a great fit for their PWC's, alas, the production tooling for that motor is long gone. Had both of these companies gone for the id market products, their profitability would have been much much larger. We didn't sell many CBX's during the production, and half of them came back crashed within a month. They were just too powerful for the limited experience of riders back in the day.

That is the same issue people face when they find their new PWC scares the crap out of them. While that works for some folks, majority rule should be the marketing mantra of all companies.

Go too hard for the high end or the low end and you will fail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Z1300
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBX

To try to top the kinds of performance would take a 300hp ski at almost a giveaway price to get anybody to take a chance it would be a one or two year production, that back out of the business.

The blow back on their other ventures would be measureable if they dared try this again.

I'd still like to see Honda back in the PWC biz , they just have to get a totally fresh approach to how they deal them.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The problem with Honda was that they wanted all their Dealers to just sell Honda Watercrafts, that didnt go over to well with the Dealers and they told Honda to go F&%K them selves and thats what happened...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information