Thread: vxr in chop

vxr in chop

owner of 2012 vxr. im a recreational rider @ new 2 jetski world. usually ride double w my wife @ we love our new ski. but I am lookins to make ride alittle smoother in the chop. is a farthing rideplate my best option?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by patdaddy View Post
    owner of 2012 vxr. im a recreational rider @ new 2 jetski world. usually ride double w my wife @ we love our new ski. but I am lookins to make ride alittle smoother in the chop. is a farthing rideplate my best option?
    Most likely, but I'm not sure if you will find one.

+1
    Big John is the resident vxr guru. Pm him with any questions. He modded his yamaha and had good results..

+1
    the best cure for riding the vxr in chop it to not ride it in chop, the VXS is a faster version of the vx110, i can wait to tear mine apart to use the motor in a gpr !!!!! other than that, with every action there is a reaction, the R&D and the Riva grate help, but will cost a little speed in smooth water, i better ride plate help also, i've only used a Jims modded vx plate and the farthing plate, the farthing is a great handling piece, the hull wasnt thought out very well when they designed it, its not a rough water ski, fun to play with, but the ocean is not your friend !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    the best cure for riding the vxr in chop it to not ride it in chop, the VXS is a faster version of the vx110, i can wait to tear mine apart to use the motor in a gpr !!!!! other than that, with every action there is a reaction, the R&D and the Riva grate help, but will cost a little speed in smooth water, i better ride plate help also, i've only used a Jims modded vx plate and the farthing plate, the farthing is a great handling piece, the hull wasnt thought out very well when they designed it, its not a rough water ski, fun to play with, but the ocean is not your friend !!!!!
    Exactly Big John. I see too many people trying to turn this Ski into something it is not. I always tell people to just enjoy this Ski for it's strengths. What it does do well, it does exceptionally well. JB

+1
    I'd never take this ski in the ocean, choppy lake water can ruin your day. I'm also looking for something to soften the ride, acceleration is the fun part to me, losing a couple mph on the big end doesn't bother me.

+1
    Jerry (site owner) is the guru on this ski. I'd email him if you need some help getting the handling setup.

+1
    This ski is a blast in the ocean as long as you dont mind a workout !!!!

Thread Information