Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

12 vein stator & UMI B1 adaptor for Hurricane

I'm building a sport open spec Hurricane triple conversion. If anyone has the bracket which enables the use of a Waveblaster UMI steering system in a Cane, I am willing to either purchase or duplicate. I also need a 12 vein stator in order to beat the conversion HXs &B1s to the first turn. Impeller recommendations are also welcomed ! .. Thanks !

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    which triple motor?i'd go with some type of long blade skat prop.

1050 motor - I have already cut the hull in order to fit the stock center bleed exhaust.

+1
    something like a 16/21-17/22 won't get you the last mph but the 12 vanes not going to allow that either,but it should holeshot like a mother.what reed petals,carbs etc??what year 1050?

1998 1050 from a sltx. It was my motor.

For this type of application it's all about the short burst buoy to buoy. The 12 vane will hit like an SOB

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by caliburst View Post
    1998 1050 from a sltx. It was my motor.

For this type of application it's all about the short burst buoy to buoy. The 12 vane will hit like an SOB
    Be sure to pay attention to the entire water path forward of the impeller. Smooth caulking transitions and zero air leaks.

I do not know how much it will affect things, but I think the stock Hurricane drive shaft seal is really far forward from the jet pump. That means there is a potentially significant quantity of air hiding inside those long fat rubber tube sections.

That extra air storage might increase jet pump ventilation duration each time the pump reconnects with the water. The less air that needs to be removed, the quicker it should hook up upon re-entry, I would expect.

If there is room, consider mounting the through-hull seal way back, right near the pump tunnel. Which would be behind the mid-shaft support bearing.

+1
    sltx or slxh?? different porting on those jugs.what carbs?any motor mods?i believe chopper city made a plate for that ski.wouldn't try to extended the pump itself back any farther.i'd try lots of grate on it.750 or jet dynamics.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    I believe chopper city made a plate for that ski.

wouldn't try to extended the pump itself back any farther.

i'd try lots of grate on it. 750 or jet dynamics.
    I have never seen a Chopper City ride plate for the Hurricane. Must be a rare piece.

The Hurricane jet pump could be extended ala Polaris Pro, with the 4" extension positioned behind the stator. Add an Ajust-A-Thrust Pro version to fill in the tail cone cavity and it should hook up fairly well.

I do have a couple of Jet Dynamics intake grates here, if you want to try it. Serious deep scoop design. Will reduce top speed but it will definitely keep that jet pump loaded.

caliburst ( James ) will have to advise as to which motor I bought from him ? .. As for mods, I plan to run a close to stock set up other than reeds , dry out the exhaust & gut the water box. Motor & electronics will be rebuilt, crank stator and all.

My plan is to incorporate the hull extenders into an extended ride plate. This should hopefully eliminate the inherent Cane porpoising ? .. I am interested in seeing the jet dy intakes that you have Keith - would you post a few pics if possible ? .. I have always been of the mindset that my closed course skis should sacrifice top speed for handling & hook up.

Also, after speaking to a couple old school 785Pro racers this weekend, I think I'm going to seek out an 8 vein stator rather than a 12 vein.

Thoughts , opinions , advice & or recommendations are welcome & encouraged. Thanks in advance for your input !!!

+1
    i run an 8 vane on my tx,17/24 long blade skat.motor has reeds and 92 domes,rpms around 6700

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information