Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Polaris SL700 Help Please!

Just purchased a seadoo and a polaris sl700
    I am new to PWC's

Seadoo runs solid with no problems, but the Polaris is giving me some issues. The person i purchased them from said they both had carbs rebuilt. He told me the polaris needed to have the carb's sync'd. I purchased the users manual online and was trying to find out what he meant by this. Does carb sync refer to the throttle mouth opening @ the same time on both? or does this refer to the blowoff when you pressurize each carb.

Symptoms:
    Maybe you could tell me what is going on from the video.
    It starts fine and idles fine. When i go wide open on the throttle it boggs until it turns off. If i gradually pump it seems to be okay. if i go mid range on the PWC it also seems to do fairly okay.

observations:
    *Too rich? too lean? Smokes quite a bit, Oil pump set too high?
    *not getting enough fuel and the pumping motion is causing it squirt into the carb, is this why it runs okay when i pump?

also i know i shouldn't run this out of water because of the seals in the impeller and the water cooling system for the block.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Have a look through my signature links, especially regarding fuel system maintenance and carburetor rebuilds. Done properly, the entire fuel system needs to be freshened and clean.

Carb rebuilds must be done properly with OEM quality rebuild parts, otherwise they can be trouble.

Inspect the electrical system inside the electrical box (disconnect battery first). Check for an original or updated ignition system.

I actually skimmed over that page earlier. But will have another look. Would you recommend a a rebuild on this carb? I have rebuilt carbs for my 4 wheeler, but never for a 2 cycle motor. I have read in many forums the issue with the electrical system needing to be updated due to timing etc. How can it know if mine was updated?

Thanks for your help and speedy reply

Pay attention to what spark lugs you have. The Polaris skis use non-resister plugs (I think, but I could be back words). Point is, the plug matters with the Polaris ski.

I owned two for years and hit the wrong plugs when doing a tune up. Did some reading and found they were the issue.

I have bpr7es plugs which are resistor style plugs in it. Should I switch them to non resistor style plugs?

[ATTACH=
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-21-11-30-19.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	314272  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-21-11-30-19.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	314272
    looks like it could be the plug

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastiejoe View Post
    Pay attention to what spark plugs you have. The Polaris skis use non-resister plugs (I think, but I could be backwards). Point is, the plug matters with the Polaris ski...
    Polaris watercraft carburetor engines require resistor type spark plugs. That is the R is the NGK part number.

Banned User
    +1
    Look down the carb throats when squeezing the throttle to see if the accel pump is squirting fuel. Im pretty sure the early 700s had the accel pump

I actually looked at this earlier. Should gas be squirting out near the nib that is located right by the choke flap? Or is it further down the throat?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information