Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! Gas shooting through cylinders

Help!
    I have a 2006 std seadoo. Wouldn't start, so replaced battery, solenoid and starter (oem). Turned over a few times, then stopped. Bought parts from capt Pete (great guy). Pulled spark plugs, tried to turnover with full throttle, and gas came out of all 3 cylinders like a geyser, hitting my 10' ceiling. I'm stumped. Any ideas what I should do next. Appreciate any help.
    Thank you,
    Curt

+1
    your sure it was gas out of all 3
    pull fuel rail off, the injectors will stay connected
    put on the key so the system will pressurize then look for injector leaks
    to get fuel in all three, the fuel may be leaking into the intake manifold.... that's the only way I came up with but seems unlikely
    be carful the injectors could come off the rail under pressure ( they should not because of the retainer clips)

Not 100% positive fuel came out of all 3 cylinders. It appeared that way. The force it came out with, was impressive. Thanks for the input.

+1
    When you pin the throttle fully no fuel should come out. It's suppose to shut off the fuel supply.

Alright, more info. Fuel is coming out of cylinder 3, a lot. Even with throttle pinned. Thought it was coming out of all 3 b/c of the amount, and fuel everywhere. If I take the fuel rail off to check the injectors, do I need to worry about the pressure? Is there a way to depressurize the fuel system? Really appreciate the help. I'm on vacation and don't have access to a pwc mech.
    Curt

+1
    if your injectors are leaking it will drain the fuel psi

Thanks!!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Curt..glad to hear you got the starter in without any issues...sorry about this new issue....

first and foremost, get the Bellagio special ski outside near a hose and an ABC rated fire bottle. fuel spraying around always seems to find an ignition source.

Never seen/heard of this kind of injector failure before. The fact that the ecu isn't going into drown mode when you crank the engine with the throttle fully open says to me that you either have the ecu fault or a stuck injector.

Here is where a candoo diagnostic system can be a huge help as you can fire injectors individually.

pull the fuel rail, get good plastic bag wrapped around the injectors and see perhaps if some light tapping with a bit of wood will get the injector to close. You can unplug the injector to test if it is a straight mechanical failure or an ecu fault. If the injector is still flowing with it disconnected..just replace the injector. If it flows while connected, swap it with one of the other injectors to pinpoint it as an ecu issue or injector issue

I don't think you'll have any real problems finding some used injectors here for your model. They are often replaced during mods with higher flow models.

until your post count it up a bit, you cannot use the classifieds, but I'll vouch for your quick payment on your parts order so if you end up needing an injector or ECU, the forum members will hook you up.

If the ecu is bad, you will need some way of coding keys if the replacement doesn't have any. Again, in your situation of an isolated lake, a candoo would not be a bad investment.

Keep in mind the fire danger if there is fuel about..even a little can absolutely ruin your day.

Pete
    You are a wealth of knowledge. I'll do as you recommend. Thank you for explaining, and helping me, especially on your day off.
    Cheers
    Curt

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I'm recovering from a red chile extravaganza this morning. Poking around here helps me take my mind off my own leaking injector issues..

We're going to visit some relatives next week and we always bring something "New Mexican"..last year green..this year red.

My wife and her bff processed up about 40 pounds of the stuff yesterday and we had some friends over. As typical, I ate a little too much and in new mexico, we invented the term "there is no such thing as a free lunch"

For east coast gringos like myself, it takes about ten years for digestive adjustments to be made..I'm almost there

Two vita mixers going WFO makes about as much noise as a zxi 1100 running wfo sans mufflers

When my wife retires in a few more years, you'll find her food truck parked in front of the shop..where she plans on turning her favorite pastime into a money maker.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2559.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	314348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2561.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	314349Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2560.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	314350

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information