Auxiliary Fuel Bladder

Interesting fuel storage solution. A 25 gallon would fit nice in my bow storage compartment for those extended trips:

http://atlinc.com/pillow.html

http://atlinc.com/rangeextender.html

They even build custom bladders:
    http://atlinc.com/custom-fuelocker-m...-bladders.html

One of these could be rigged up to transfer fuel:
    http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/FLO...130924162010:s

+1
    I like it!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1

ATL FueLocker, fuel cell bladder

Interesting. Looks like the Fuel Locker would need to be custom shaped to fit your storage area. And the bladder would have to be supported on all sides.

http://atlinc.com/custom-fuelocker-m...?v=EWcd8WpxEZU

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	49.5 KB 
ID:	314571

Please keep in mind that in order to maintain their "Self-Supporting" qualities, all custom ATL FueLockers™ must be designed with a minimum width to height ratio of 2.5 to 1. For example, if you would like to build a custom FueLocker™ with a 20" height, the bladders width MUST be at least 50".

NOTE: ATL can produce custom fuel bladders that defy this ratio but they must be placed within a supporting structure which would provide support to the bottom and all 4 sides of the bladder. Please contact ATL for more information.

+1
    Hey guys, i was doing some research ref this topic a couple of weeks back and came across this company. I gave them a call and spoke to one of the reps. I told the rep the apprx dimensions of the custom bladder that i wanted (2006 yamaha fx) the guestimate for the custom bladder was apprx $1,000. I freaked out and told him i would call him back when i was ready lol. It looks like a great product but 1,000k for fuel storage is a bit steep even the 500 dollar universal units are still a bit to high in my opinion.

I started working on my home made aluminum fuel cell. I already have the mold done now all i gotta do is buy the materials and get to it. If people like my designs ill start making them for others and make them for kawis and seadoo's, but thats a while from now maybe for next summer

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamacruiser View Post

I started working on my home made aluminum fuel cell. I already have the mold done now all i gotta do is buy the materials and get to it.

If people like my designs I'll start making them for others and make them for kawis and seadoo's, but thats a while from now maybe for next summer
    The big issue with custom fuel tanks is liability. Selling a non-OEM custom fuel tank means you are potentially exposed to lawsuits should that fuel tank fail and/or cause injury.

The custom fuel tank must not only hold the fuel, it must meet all sorts of regulations regarding testing, venting, leakage, filler cap, upside down roll over conditions, withstand hull pounding water conditions, improper installation, etc.

A custom fuel tank could also potentially invalidate the insurance on a watercraft.

+1
    Understood, if i ever do take that venture ill make sure the whole list is checked off on meeting standards and the qualities of the product to be second to none. I have my career set already so this is more about passion than anything else and is something that im playing around with so if i do it, it will be 100% or nothing.

I myself am an individual who appreciates a quality product and dont mind dishing out the big bucks when its that, but as far as those bladders thats just a bit irrational IMO.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Steve Friebe at Clawson makes custom fit aux. tanks. I would check with him for a more reasonable solution. Reasonable being less then 500.00.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1

Friebe set-up.

Quality and strength not an issue. Secure and safe.

Thread Information