First mopd question

2013 bone stock vxr here. I have been reading about first and looks like unless I get a combination of ribbon delete, waterbox, exhaust, intake and ecu reflush I will not see any noticeable gains. So I am considering a top loader intake grate from riva with pump seal kit as my 1st mod and want to hear opinions. I ride in chop quite often. Will this mod give me a little better top speed/hookup?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ramstein View Post
    2013 bone stock vxr here. I have been reading about first and looks like unless I get a combination of ribbon delete, waterbox, exhaust, intake and ecu reflush I will not see any noticeable gains. So I am considering a top loader intake grate from riva with pump seal kit as my 1st mod and want to hear opinions. I ride in chop quite often. Will this mod give me a little better top speed/hookup?
    yes you will gain speed and hookup with them parts.

+1
    Welcome to the forum!

have a look at this thread to see what improvements some simple modifications will make on the VXR
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=149032

+1
    welcome to the hulk, you don't need a ecu reflash to gain speed i think its more of a power adder IMO.... a few things can be done for cheap on your own or the GH store has all the go fast goodies !!... while reading above posted thread by Jerry ( green hulk) keep in mind he built a badass turbo 80+ ski so some of his mods might not be what you are looking for BUT it does have great info, good feedback and good pics. there is also a thread in the 4 stroke section to ck out about issues with these skis and fixes. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185937 and there are plenty of build threads out there too. the search option is your best friend when it comes to looking for really good reading material..... good luck...Bruce

+1
    I have all of the above except ecu, and I can honestly tell you that an impeller is a must . It has way too much low and mid range pull, if I am doing less than 15mph and gun full throttle all it does is hit Rev limiter. I have some extra mods as well.

Thread Information