+1

Flexible gas tanks

Flexiblegastanks.com. is a site to look at for adding some cruising distance with your ski. I was thinking of adding one to the SLT and meke it a 80-90 mile range with the 12 gallon tank in there and a 5-10 gallon flexible marine tank strapped down up front. Tons of room up there.

Has any one added a tank before? Would you plumb it in or just keep it sealed till you needed it? I would just keep it sealed.

You would have to keep an eye on it for expansion on hot days. Have to see if it has a vent tube.....which could be routed outside the ski to prevent any fumes if its so equipped.

How would you keep it tight to the hull? Glass In some mounts? Then straps?

Pitch in some ideas! Lets come up with a good tank and method of securing and venting. I'm sure some of you would like an increase in range. I would. Some of the new skis have long range. 60 and up.

Here's one to check out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+1
    Did you see how much these things cost? You could buy another ski for 469.00 for that 9 gallons tank above. That's crazy..

Hell I would stuff a 6 gallon red tank up there and tie it down. Done. 50.00 lol use the rest for gas!

Banned User
    +1
    Most guys seem to strap some sort of tank to the rear platform. Or you could just get a ski with a bigger gas tank. A 700 Virage has a large tank and is easy on gas, should go 90 miles easily.

+1
    Premix guys could use their oil tanks, dunno how much it holds but it's already installed and has a float in it aswell as a check valve on a vent tube, would need another check valve if it were used for fuel storage just like the fuel tank has 1 to relive pressure and another to relive vacuum. This assumes the float and sender assembly in the oil tank could be used with fuel, if not it would need to be eliminated and the hole sealed. Not to mention the limp mode skis would not wanna use the float/sender for obvious reasons. Plumb it to the fuel return line from the carbs with a shutoff valve and maybe even a 1 way valve to prevent back feed filling of the oil tank if u accidentaly left the shut off valve open.

Operation would be simple, shut off ski, open shutoff valve to drain fuel from oil tank into fuel tank via fuel return line, close valve and continue.

This is just a rough idea I had awhile ago.

Thread Information