Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need Advice...Buying Modded RXP

Hey Guys,

Recently posted about upgrading my GTX but have now decided to probably leave it alone and just add another ski to the family. I need advice and opinions on the price, what yall think about the mods and how reliable this ski should be. Below I will list the info that I have about this RXP. I'm new into looking at modding these so any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

2005 RXP
    2010 SC with 10 lb wheel (30 hrs on it)
    42 lb injectors
    riva intercooler
    riva waterbox
    race tech thru-hull exhaust with rude tip
    4 inch front intake
    riva opas block offs
    open loop cooling
    15/20 impreller
    hydro turf seat
    hydro turf traction mats
    plugs and wear ring changed 10 hours ago
    riva splash guard

He said the hull has around 220 hrs on it and the engine in it has around 120 hrs. He said a seadoo mechanic owned it before him and raced it with a turbo engine in it for about 100 hours.

He said he bought it like it sits and has only put about 15 hours on it owning it since middle of last summer

He said he is sure he left some stuff out

He said he saw 75-76 on gps in flat cool water with 1/4 gas

also said one of the bunks could use replacing and said the speedo doesnt work bc the paddle wheel is broke

He is asking 5000 and said he is pretty firm. Is this a good price, great deal, average?

This SC he says came off a 2010, would that be off a 255hp rxp? Is a 10lb wheel stock for that charger or how much power would that add?

Should the ski run these speeds with the parts listed? Will it be reliable or any other parts that need to be added?

What other questions should I ask him?

I'm wanting to go look at it this weekend. Thanks for all your responses in advance.

+1
    That charger is what we call the x charger the 10psi wheel is stock. That charger works very good with 42# injectors

That should be close to a 255/260 HP Ski.
    If you buy it inspect the charger first off and make sure slip is good and everything looks good.

Buying used stuff is a bit of a crap shoot, but if you can do a compression test and a leak down test that should give you a good idea of the health of the engine.

Check your pm

+1
    and alway test drive with a gps to verify the speed claims.

The mph he claims sounds a bit high but possible I guess.

5. +1 by:

Ok. Thanks. I will look up and see how to check the sc slip. How does that price sound?

+1
    with a trailer it sounds good. as long as the hull is in good shape.

Yea it comes with a trailer. he says the hull is in great shape with no stress cracks or anything. Im hoping to get it between 4500 and 4800. thanks

+1
    Compression test , leak down test and ride it for 20+ min.

When you ride it allow it to fully warm up. 10+min of riding then pin it wot...
    Keep it pinned for 5+ min.
    They are designed to doo this and if all checks out fine then I think its an ok deal.
    Just maintain it properly if you doo get it...

Just curious, unless I'm not catching something - which portion of those 220 total hrs were driven with a turbo set-up? Why is it on it's 2nd engine?

Is it a 220hr salt water driven ski, or fresh water?
    Is it "clean" overall ---> well taken care of, or beat to shit with abuse and/or sun?

Where did that 2nd engine come from?

And FYI:
    The price seems right (so far, with no pics to judge it further), but you can find that ski with that price pretty much all day long AND with an original engine and less hours. I've seen several listed recently at that price with 80ish-150ish hrs on them.

Lastly: I think that's a very fair GPS speed for those mods...I have the same ski with an X charger. (Although I have no good reason for not being 100% sure - but going from memory alone and not looking it up as I type this, I believe the X charger maxes out around 11ish lbs of boost and I can very easily GPS 75-76mph.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Just curious, unless I'm not catching something - which portion of those 220 total hrs were driven with a turbo set-up? Why is it on it's 2nd engine?

Is it a 220hr salt water driven ski, or fresh water?
    Is it "clean" overall ---> well taken care of, or beat to shit with abuse and/or sun?

Where did that 2nd engine come from?

And FYI:
    The price seems right (so far, with no pics to judge it further), but you can find that ski with that price pretty much all day long AND with an original engine and less hours. I've seen several listed recently at that price with 80ish-150ish hrs on them.

Lastly: I think that's a very fair GPS speed for those mods...I have the same ski with an X charger. (Although I have no good reason for not being 100% sure - but going from memory alone and not looking it up as I type this, I believe the X charger maxes out around 11ish lbs of boost and I can very easily GPS 75-76mph.
    Not everyone has a santa hat. Lol

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information