Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pump Relief kits

What ever happened to jd pump relief kit?

Are the other options out there?

I read most of the threads about them and then they just seamed to stop.

If you click on like for jd kit its gone.

What happened?

Thanks in advanced...

+1
    I never heard of the Jd pump relife kit but only got interested in them a few weeks ago when I bought a 2012 PX.

I heard Duke makes a kit but I sent a few pm's to him and never got a response. I plan on putting my own kit together now.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    I never heard of the Jd pump relife kit but only got interested in them a few weeks ago when I bought a 2012 PX.

I heard Duke makes a kit but I sent a few pm's to him and never got a response. I plan on putting my own kit together now.

Have been really busy this summer and can't respond to all PMs and emails. Please contact my business partner Rob at [email protected] and he will take care of all orders.

Thanks!!

Cool!
    I like to design and create my own stuff too.

I'm going to research relief valves and see what I come up with.

I think different skis can stuff at different pressures and or speeds.

Google jet draft pump relief valve and see what you get...

Keep em coming folks!

+1
    When these kits came out there were not many options available, most of us knew nothing or very little about why and how the pumps stuffed. Some of these guys had been fiddling with PRVs for many years and had enough experience and know how to build PRV setups and were way ahead of us. They kept information very closed lip and by doing so were able to corner the market on offering the setups (WAY overpriced IMO). We then begin to educate our selves a start doing our own setups thus reducing the market for the kits. If you're looking to buy a kit I would suggest sending Duke a PM as he is the only one I know of that will still sell a kit at a reasonable price. If you can't get get him to sell you a kit send me a PM and I'll get you the info to build your own at minimal cost if you have any skills at all.

Dnieseln- thanks for the info I send u pm thanks again for your help.

Your ski sounds mean!!!

+1

Thanks!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dnielsen View Post
    When these kits came out there were not many options available, most of us knew nothing or very little about why and how the pumps stuffed. Some of these guys had been fiddling with PRVs for many years and had enough experience and know how to build PRV setups and were way ahead of us. They kept information very closed lip and by doing so were able to corner the market on offering the setups (WAY overpriced IMO). We then begin to educate our selves a start doing our own setups thus reducing the market for the kits. If you're looking to buy a kit I would suggest sending Duke a PM as he is the only one I know of that will still sell a kit at a reasonable price. If you can't get get him to sell you a kit send me a PM and I'll get you the info to build your own at minimal cost if you have any skills at all.
    Not really secret stuff, I posted enough pictures for guys to figure it out, if they want to. Duke and I worked hard on the the Duke PRV system for the RXPX. We both paid the price with our bodies getting tossed off these skis. Testing PRVs, intake grates, rideplates, props, nozzles, etc. DIY and learn what works or you can buy Duke's PRV. I will tell you nothing really solves the "stuff" completely, because you always want to go faster and it will come back.

Duke can get an 08-2011 RXPX to 83-85 mph pretty easy, because he knows what it takes.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Is true that Duke is very busy currently. But here's a pic of the setup he did on my GPRSHO. I bought my ski from someone who had 4 Jetworx valves that basically looked like slurpee straws to me. 2 of them were leaking. 2 of them were installed with brass fitting and 2 with plastic. The ski was very dangerous to ride and would not turn at all! It did go 80+ diagonally though. We changed the ride plate, sponsons, Duke did some pump work and installed his pressure reliefs and all is well. I keep reading that some people believe that too big of a relief will slow the ski down, but that has not been the case with mine. The previous owner had the ski to 91.8 and that was a bouncy, scary ride according to him (and the video I saw). Those speeds were attained in 60ish degree weather. After Duke's work, I am now going almost 90 in the Florida heat and hard on the rev limiter. (why I need a 160mm pump liner if anyone has one). But my ski now turns like an F1 race car. The ski doesn't bounce or hop at all and I should be running in the mid 90's come winter time with some pump changes. The ski in my opinion is faster than it was before....and much safer. It can also holeshot now, something it wouldn't even do before. I would highly recommend getting a pair of Duke's reliefs. I'm happy with mine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130927_222441_746.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	314881

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information