How do you flush? RXP winterizing question.

I bought my first sea doo this year, a 2006 RXP 215. I have seen several ways of flushing the system for winterizing, I want to see if the method I chose is acceptable or not. I do have the latest bulletin from sea doo on winterizing. Here is my question:

I took a sump pump and plumbed it to the back of the sea doo, were the water exits the cooling system. Started the machine, and then pumped 3 gallons of RV antifreeze through the system. Stopped the pump and then shut off. I then let the machine sit for a moment, and started and revved the engine and blew out any RV antifreeze that would come out.

Is this good enough? The service bulletin talks about removing intercooler hoses and letting them drain into the bilge and pouring antifreeze into the upper intercooler intake.

So what do you do to winterize your RXP. Any further suggestions/help is appreciated.

+1
    Exactly what I do except I pull the IC and flush/clean it afterwards then store it in my garage. My IC is external though.

IHMO, 3 gallons on an internal IC ski is overkill. I only pump until I see pink out the exhaust, which is usually well under a gallon. My skis are stored inside in Kentucky, so it doesn't get super cold.

+1
    Ever just check to see what a dealer or service center in your area charges??

Sometimes a hundred bucks or whatever is a nice peace of mind knowing if the shit hits the fan over the winter someone else is responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    Ever just check to see what a dealer or service center in your area charges??

Sometimes a hundred bucks or whatever is a nice peace of mind knowing if the shit hits the fan over the winter someone else is responsible.
    I have seen way to many bad things out of dealers (all dealers in general), that is why I do my own work as much as possible. Thanks for the input, but I believe in myself way more then a dealer or private shop doing my winterization.

Thread Information