+1

Your Prayers are Needed

NitroSharks (Shawn Garrigan) Dad is in the hospital and needs everyone to pray for him. He is in "guarded condition" on life support. His kidneys were not working but now appear to be coming back. His heart had stopped for 12 minutes during open heart surgery but it appears that no brain damage occurred. Shawn told me earlier in the day that they will try to ramp down the life support this afternoon.

Lets all pray for his recovery !

Richard

+1
    Not A Problem. This Is One Of The Things I Do Well.toddo

I build Horsepower
    +1
    thanks Rich, heres a update, im still in Ohio with him.

I’m waiting to get into the ward to see my dad. We got our usual call last night to hear his progress overnight. Seems he has stabilized and if all goes well they are going to move him out of guarded care. I’m hoping to speak with him today. I know he knows im here because when I left him night I gave him a wave and a thumbs up front the front of the bed and he waved back.

Little background here.

JP (my dad ) is 76 had his first bypass at age 49. My mom 75 and both been married for over 56 yrs, still live in the same house I was born in (1957) they never smoked hardly drink and are NEVER sick and take care of themselves.

JP kind of reminds you of that Bo flex guy on TV except he doesn’t have the 6 pak abs lol. But he’s tall trim and looks good. Since he has to watch his cholesterol for the past 30 yrs he has done a great job. He retired at age 74, my mom at age 40 both play a lot of golf and like the CC club seen. JP for the past 26 yrs walks 2 miles everyday but sat. I ask my mom and she said, “it takes 26 min to do that.

This is why with having both parents in there mid 70s and healthy I was really concerned about that “domes day call” I would get someday. That day came late Monday night. From talking with the surgeon and my mom I really felt my dad was not coming home ever again. I even brought my funeral clothes to Ohio thinking the worst.

I hope that’s all over now, and thank all my friends here for all of your support, as you don’t know how much that meant. I’ll keep you updated.

shawn

Positive thoughts to you and your family. People that live healthy the way you described have good chances in situations like this.

+1
    Prayers are with you and your family Shawn. Lots of this hits home with many of us.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers... Hope your Dad comes home soon...PR...

I build Horsepower
    +1
    hes still weak, but today they sat him up in a chair for 2 hrs. He is starting to get his lungs clear and should be able to talk better in a few days, His throat is real sore with all the tubes they pushed in him before. hes sleeping good now.

Im going to head back the NC and let my Mom/sis/bro be on call.. Hes doing super, and the Doc says he's a strong dude. They wont say for sure but i think he can come home in a couple weeks...

everybodys in real good spirits.. and i thank you guys for all your support.

shawn

+1
    That's great to hear, Shawn.

See PRAYERS do work !!!!!

Rich

This is good news! Sounds like a very positive step!

Great News! Hope your Pops makes a fast recovery!...PR...

Thread Information