Intercooler outlet/drain idea

I'm looking to make a second exit for my intercooler without having to make a hole in my hull. Is it possible or would I have any issues if I connect to the hose in the pic below. I would purchase a Y fitting to splice it into the bilge drain hose more towards the bottom.

Remove the small house , block off the port
    and use the OEM Bypass

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by FZS-RIDER View Post
    and use the OEM Bypass

Don't do that, I did that and intercooler line blew off and almost sank the boat.OEM fitting would not let enough out and had pressure build up. Remove OEM pisser fitting and buy a 1/2" through the hull fitting from the store here and call it a day. I use the Riva Gen 1 cooler and had no problems with it. I lernt that from a respected person here who told me to do that and I didn't listen.......end result almost lost my ski.

cooling needs may be different and more water in and out may be required, if your in FLA, CA, AZ and anywhere hot. My conditions are 95 air and 78-80 water in maximum conditions so 1/2 in and 1/2 out work for me

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmfmk3 View Post
    I'm looking to make a second exit for my intercooler without having to make a hole in my hull. Is it possible or would I have any issues if I connect to the hose in the pic below. I would purchase a Y fitting to splice it into the bilge drain hose more towards the bottom.

that is a vent for the electric bilge syphon system, don't think it will work right if blocked off. I saw water come out of there when I had my pump running when I almost sank LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FZS-RIDER View Post
    and use the OEM Bypass

Don't do that, I did that and intercooler line blew off and almost sank the boat.OEM fitting would not let enough out and had pressure build up. Remove OEM pisser fitting and buy a 1/2" through the hull fitting from the store here and call it a day. I use the Riva Gen 1 cooler and had no problems with it. I lernt that from a respected person here who told me to do that and I didn't listen.......end result almost lost my ski.

cooling needs may be different and more water in and out may be required, if your in FLA, CA, AZ and anywhere hot. My conditions are 95 air and 78-80 water in maximum conditions so 1/2 in and 1/2 out work for me
    No the bilge pisser def isn't big enough. What I was thinking of doing was splicing into the big hose towards the bottom where it drains out the back of the ski near the pump. If I use Y fitting similar to the VXR fitting there shouldn't be an issue with water rising back up through the bilge hose

+1
    Why not use the one on the back of the ski on the top deck? The fitting used for the overflow of the bilge or purge line or whatever it is called? U would have to get a different fitting since that one isnt 1/2 inch

Thread Information