Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    Reverse Bucket Mod

    Before I ask any questions, I want to point out that I have done LOTS of searching here on this topic, and can't find the answers to my questions or curiosity. If I've overlooked some good threads on this, please pardon my blindness.

    I have a bone stock 2010 RXP-X. I have noticed the reverse bucket interferes with water exiting the steering/trim nozzle, whenever trim is anything higher than one notch above midway. However, many people here claim this doesn't happen unless you have the wedge installed. I can clearly see the water being deflected, and I don't have a wedge. So, where does this claim come from? Though I can see the wedge making an existing problem worse, for sure, I am definitely observing this issue with completely stock pump components.

    Next issue is that I can't seem to find ANYONE who has posted a pic of their reverse bucket, before AND after. The one and only pic I could find under the search terms of "reverse bucket mod" was a picture of a pristine unmodified reverse bucket, and didn't show any modification. Does anyone have a pic or a thread link you can post here?

    I'm hoping to be able to have full up trim level with no obstruction of thrust water....but perhaps this is unreasonable? Maybe it would require so much trimming that I would lose reverse almost completely? Just seems odd that BRP would design it this way.

    I appreciate anyone's insight here and appreciate any help. There seems to be TONS of information here for just about anything you want to know....except this. Thanks in advance!


  2. #2
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    The reverse bucket mod gives you no gains,with or without a wedge...How is it gonna give you a gain with the wedge VS without it when the thrust nozzle and reverse assembly are bolted together and angles all the same when the wedge is installed...

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    The reverse bucket mod gives you no gains,with or without a wedge...How is it gonna give you a gain with the wedge VS without it when the thrust nozzle and reverse assembly are bolted together and angles all the same when the wedge is installed...
    You're actually supporting my question. I'm not here to argue for or against it being helpful with or without the wedge. If you read closely you might notice my curiosity is based on my searching here, and finding claims that the bucket mod ONLY helps if you have a wedge. I disagree with some of those statements, because I believe there would be a benefit in both cases. If the reverse bucket is EVER interfering with exiting water, then a reduction in performance would result.

  5. #5
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Its not going to have any negative affects so........that's why some on here have cut that part of bucket out.

    Now I would not go whacking on a doo with brakes.

  6. #6
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by djblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    The reverse bucket mod gives you no gains,with or without a wedge...How is it gonna give you a gain with the wedge VS without it when the thrust nozzle and reverse assembly are bolted together and angles all the same when the wedge is installed...
    You're actually supporting my question. I'm not here to argue for or against it being helpful with or without the wedge. If you read closely you might notice my curiosity is based on my searching here, and finding claims that the bucket mod ONLY helps if you have a wedge. I disagree with some of those statements, because I believe there would be a benefit in both cases. If the reverse bucket is EVER interfering with exiting water, then a reduction in performance would result.
    Im not trying to argue or debate this either...ive done this with both my skis....IF you have any question take a straight edge out the back of your steering nozzle to simulate the water being thrusted out the back..you will see it does not,if any touch the reverse bucket.....Im was not asking but inquiring your brain as to how does it make a difference with the wedge when the whole thrust/reverse assembly is bolted together??IT doesnt??It cant??why because you are not changing the angle of just the thrust/steering nozzle,you are changing the whole assemblies angle therefore you will not see any difference with or without the wedge...I only responded to your statement because you are wondering if there is any truth to issues cutting the reverse bucket..NO there are NO issues and NO gains....

  7. #7
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    By the way wedge or no wedge does not change angle of water flow out the venturi. The venturi itself is at a different angle.
    The wedge is in between the pump and venturi and the bucket is mounted on venturi therefore changing nothing .
    Tilt the venturi with wedge and the bucket tilts with venturi.
    Its possible with wedge one needs to adjust the reverse linkage.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    The reverse bucket mod gives you no gains,with or without a wedge...How is it gonna give you a gain with the wedge VS without it when the thrust nozzle and reverse assembly are bolted together and angles all the same when the wedge is installed...
    You're actually supporting my question. I'm not here to argue for or against it being helpful with or without the wedge. If you read closely you might notice my curiosity is based on my searching here, and finding claims that the bucket mod ONLY helps if you have a wedge. I disagree with some of those statements, because I believe there would be a benefit in both cases. If the reverse bucket is EVER interfering with exiting water, then a reduction in performance would result.
    Im not trying to argue or debate this either...ive done this with both my skis....IF you have any question take a straight edge out the back of your steering nozzle to simulate the water being thrusted out the back..you will see it does not,if any touch the reverse bucket.....Im was not asking but inquiring your brain as to how does it make a difference with the wedge when the whole thrust/reverse assembly is bolted together??IT doesnt??It cant??why because you are not changing the angle of just the thrust/steering nozzle,you are changing the whole assemblies angle therefore you will not see any difference with or without the wedge...I only responded to your statement because you are wondering if there is any truth to issues cutting the reverse bucket..NO there are NO issues and NO gains....
    No, this is not all true. I have just gone outside and verified there to definitely be a difference between the orientation of the trim/steering nozzle, and the bucket position. In other words, the two do NOT move together. While some of what you say may be true, but the root of your claim is false.

  9. #9
    Let me clarify. They definitely move together LEFT to RIGHT....but not TOP to BOTTOM.

  10. #10

    Here are pics showing difference

    I definitely don't want it to sound like I'm being hostile, in any way.

    I did just go out and take pictures of the steering nozzle with trim in full up position, and one pic with full down position. You can clearly see the nozzle moves independently of the reverse bucket, in a vertical fashion. In other words, trim position can definitely have affect on exit water hitting or not hitting the reverse bucket.

    Maybe my real question is being misunderstood?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UP.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	315102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DOWN.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	315103  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Reverse bucket mod pics....
    By GeoRXT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 07:13 PM
  2. Reverse bucket Mod
    By whit33 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-06-2007, 05:04 PM
  3. Reverse Bucket Mod
    By VaRedneck in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 07:50 PM
  4. Reverse bucket mod
    By Green Hornet in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-07-2006, 07:52 PM
  5. ? about Reverse Bucket Mod...
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-13-2005, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •