Thread: Waterbox Mod

Waterbox Mod

Can I get some feedback on results from people who did their own waterbox mod. Mainly, did it scrub speed, and if so how much? Did holeshot improve? Pros - Cons I might be changing up a little and be willing to give up some top end. Might be time for a change...

+1
    Red I havent seen you post what speeds you are running with the new set up I think you were at 76 before just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    Red I havent seen you post what speeds you are running with the new set up I think you were at 76 before just wondering
    Yup, you hit the nail on the head as far as speeds before EMS. Only been out 1 time with "JAG" since EMS and that was a couple of months back. The weather has been the worst here over the winter in years. Not due to snow, but to the temps and everything freezing over. The weather is finally letting up and the riding will begin real soon. First time out with EMS was 74.4 @ 8300 RPM. The rev limiter is currently set to 8800... That first test was also with an out of the box 15/20 and fuel completely topped off. Jerry has since tweaked the prop, helped me with mapping, (might need to add a little more timing and fuel ) and I also have a 3 blade 15/19 waiting to test. Oh, and I'll also be running a 50/50 mix of C12 and 93 octane from here on out. I noticed I was running a little lean so I am hoping the fuel mix will take care of that instead of messing with the mapping. Results should be very positive the next time out..

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Yup, you hit the nail on the head as far as speeds before EMS. Only been out 1 time with "JAG" since EMS and that was a couple of months back. The weather has been the worst here over the winter in years. Not due to snow, but to the temps and everything freezing over. The weather is finally letting up and the riding will begin real soon. First time out with EMS was 74.4 @ 8300 RPM. The rev limiter is currently set to 8800... That first test was also with an out of the box 15/20 and fuel completely topped off. Jerry has since tweaked the prop, helped me with mapping, (might need to add a little more timing and fuel ) and I also have a 3 blade 15/19 waiting to test. Oh, and I'll also be running a 50/50 mix of C12 and 93 octane from here on out. I noticed I was running a little lean so I am hoping the fuel mix will take care of that instead of messing with the mapping. Results should be very positive the next time out..

I have noticed running race fuel you will need to add more fuel. Just keep an eye on the A/F I know going from pump gas to race fuel we needed alot more fuel

If You Have A/f Sensor Stay With Only Race Fuel When You Star To Use Diffrent Fuel Race Dont Mix Unless You Always The Same Anmount All Time If Use Other Brand You Will Need Diffrent Fuel Map=d>

Hey Red Devil,
    Wait until April and you can borrow mine to see if it makes any difference on your ski. It only made mine a little louder, hard to tell any performance difference because of all the other changes that we made. Also removed the extra resonator and went with the power pipe straight out of the waterbox to the stock exhaust exit.
    As far as the fuel, definitely be careful with the mix ratio and keep a close eye on the a/f ratio. Richer is safer!

Quote Originally Posted by Rompe21 View Post
    If You Have A/f Sensor Stay With Only Race Fuel When You Star To Use Diffrent Fuel Race Dont Mix Unless You Always The Same Anmount All Time If Use Other Brand You Will Need Diffrent Fuel Map=d>
    That's exactly what I planned on doing....I'm pretty lucky because I can choose from VP, Sunoco, and one other type of fuel. There are literally 3 different high performance race shops within 10 minutes of where I work..I guess since they are big into Nascar and other forms of racing. This is why I installed the double 5 gallon container holder on my trailer and can keep a couple more 5 gallon containers in the back of my pick up.....
    Last edited by Red Devil; 03-15-2007 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxsc03 View Post
    Hey Red Devil,
    Wait until April and you can borrow mine to see if it makes any difference on your ski.
    Thanks Bob, This last go around of moving everything around to pull my S/C'er is getting really old..As long as I won't loose to much on top, I will most likely go for it...

Thread Information