+1

GP1300R Prop question. which one is faster?

I got a GP1300R, i have on me a Solas 13/19 and a Riva 13/20... which one is better for faster speed?

+1
    What year?

Its not a matter of which one is faster, its more about what your craft will spin in the correct rpm range... depending on engine mods.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    What year?

Its not a matter of which one is faster, its more about what your craft will spin in the correct rpm range... depending on engine mods.
    its an 03

Current mods, Riva pump grate, Riva EFI controller, R&D ride plate, Cat delete with D plate.

+1
    Good stuff

With that one I would try a 13/19 concord impeller. You may be able to turn the 13/20, but depending on your climate, maybe not. You probably still have an 85mm exit nozzle, so you can look into an 87mm if you need to get the rpms up. You are shooting for around 7100 to 7200

You dont really need the controller, but adjust it to 5517 and let it fly. I would add some waveeaters to the list of must do mods, and add a tach if you want to properly tune an aftermarket impeller. Tiny tach is a good cheap tach option

+1
    Good stuff

With that one I would try a 13/19 concord impeller. You may be able to turn the 13/20, but depending on your climate, maybe not. You probably still have an 85mm exit nozzle, so you can look into an 87mm if you need to get the rpms up. You are shooting for around 7100 to 7200

You dont really need the controller, but adjust it to 5517 and let it fly. I would add some waveeaters to the list of must do mods, and add a tach if you want to properly tune an aftermarket impeller. Tiny tach is a good cheap tach option
    wave eater clips are a must for next mods but for now i just wanted to see which one would go faster.

thing is, I JUST installed the riva grate... It had a stock grate with a 14/20 prop which makes NO sense to me, why add a prop when u are starving the pump for water... i havent tested it on water yet.... i assumed i had a stock prop since i had a stock grate. this is a ski i recently purchased. so im sure you understand where im coming from... for all i know with the grate the ski should be able to FLY now.

+1
    Actually the stock grate will give you more water than the aftermarket, but the aftermarket it is needed for handling and safety.

I would say get a tach on there and get some baseline numbers on what you have already.

Also just because the impeller may say "14/20" doesnt mean it hasnt been repitched.

+1
    Actually the stock grate will give you more water than the aftermarket, but the aftermarket it is needed for handling and safety.

I would say get a tach on there and get some baseline numbers on what you have already.

Also just because the impeller may say "14/20" doesnt mean it hasnt been repitched.
    from what i understand a 13/20 prop needs more power (RPM) to spin it than the 13/19. Would a flame arrestor be enough to get the 13/20 spinning for what its worth ? or do i need head work also? cause i dont plan on doing alot of hard core engine mods. just basic bolt ons.

Thread Information