Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Pump wedge results on 2013 vxs...

thought i would try a 2 degree pump wedge to see what it does...it brings bow up real high and real fast out of hole,after that just put your weight forward,hang on and enjoy the ride...also noticed while moving along at a good pace in small chop it just seems to glide right over the top of them instead of smackin and bouncin if that makes any sense...reverse bucket linkage stayed the same but the steering linkage had to be adjusted just a little to make up for the 2 degrees up....stock prop,stock ride plate,stock grate and only mods done so far are the ribbon delete,thru hull exhaust,and BRUCES air intake mod...wonder if i will get a lil more out of it with aquavein grate and skat prop once i figure what pitches to try?? also got the mirror mounted speakers finished and they are rock solid....and lastly thought i would share a few pics of my 68 year old dad having some fun...hes had a rough go of things with bouts with cancer for the last 2-3 years but hes still tough as shoe leather...this was his second time ever on a pwc,first time was only a month ago on my gp760...he was grinin from ear to ear...you can bet with him weighing in at 125 pounds that this was a hell of a ride...any of you younger fellas got a dad that you dont do much with....YOU BETTER START...rough times will be on ya before you know it.....should be getting parts n pieces for the dual exhaust mod this week and that will be next project....saving intake grate and prop for last as thats gonna take some testing to get it right without goin over...

+1
    I wish my dad was still around so we could have some fun together but he passed away when I was 18. Looks like you two had a great time together, enjoy all your time together!!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool69 View Post
    thought i would try a 2 degree pump wedge to see what it does...it brings bow up real high and real fast out of hole,after that just put your weight forward,hang on and enjoy the ride...also noticed while moving along at a good pace in small chop it just seems to glide right over the top of them instead of smackin and bouncin if that makes any sense...reverse bucket linkage stayed the same but the steering linkage had to be adjusted just a little to make up for the 2 degrees up....stock prop,stock ride plate,stock grate and only mods done so far are the ribbon delete,thru hull exhaust,and BRUCES air intake mod...wonder if i will get a lil more out of it with aquavein grate and skat prop once i figure what pitches to try?? also got the mirror mounted speakers finished and they are rock solid....and lastly thought i would share a few pics of my 68 year old dad having some fun...hes had a rough go of things with bouts with cancer for the last 2-3 years but hes still tough as shoe leather...this was his second time ever on a pwc,first time was only a month ago on my gp760...he was grinin from ear to ear...you can bet with him weighing in at 125 pounds that this was a hell of a ride...any of you younger fellas got a dad that you dont do much with....YOU BETTER START...rough times will be on ya before you know it.....should be getting parts n pieces for the dual exhaust mod this week and that will be next project....saving intake grate and prop for last as thats gonna take some testing to get it right without goin over...

Is that Leo's pump wedge? So you think you can get a picture of it?

got it from ebay...was told that it was made by a guy in tampa,fl who makes them for island racing...never got a name...there were other pump wedges on ebay but only 1 degree.

+1
    It must have been one of "Leo's" wedges. They have been the ticket for GPR's for years, and have proven to be an affordable & great mod for all the SHO's as well. I just ordered one from him recently & the service was GREAT.

His user name here is Leo, or just contact him directly - LEO'S HOLESHOT KIT & WEDGE 813-407-9348.

+1
    Yep..that's Leo's it gave my GPR a little more top speed on flat water...

when i tear back into it to install skat i will post a pic of it....

+1
    so - did it affect the "bounce" at WFO?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool69 View Post
    got it from ebay...was told that it was made by a guy in tampa,fl who makes them for island racing...never got a name...there were other pump wedges on ebay but only 1 degree.
    How much did you pay for it? Also did you seal it with silicone or anything?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    It must have been one of "Leo's" wedges. They have been the ticket for GPR's for years, and have proven to be an affordable & great mod for all the SHO's as well. I just ordered one from him recently & the service was GREAT.

His user name here is Leo, or just contact him directly - LEO'S HOLESHOT KIT & WEDGE 813-407-9348.
    I spoke to Leo a few months back about this on the VXR /VXS. He said that he was unaware of anyone that had one in these and didn't know of any gains. So I might need one now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information