2001 GPR 1200 Starting Problems?

My ski is had the carbs replaced last years at a local Barney's. I took it out a few times afterwards and ski seemed to run fine. Didn't have much time to take it out over the last 6 months. Ran it on the hose a few times and all seemed to go well. Let it sit around for 3 months or so. Went to start it up and it wouldn't start. After trying to start it for a day, it started up. Continued to start it for a few seconds a day for the next few days. Planned on taking it out on Saturday so made sure battery was charged and started it a couple of times on Friday. Saturday before I went out, Ski would not start. Tried several times. Would run for a for a second and then die. Could it be the carbs again??? Any suggestions? Doesn't seem like that would be the case considering it ran fine on Friday..the day before it wouldn't start. At a loss and getting ready to throw in the towel and sell it!

Palm coast FL / Shakopee MN
    it sounds like a carb problem... primarily number 25,26,27 area.. that spring loaded jet thing, keep forgetting what its called but u getthe idea . it helps prime the carbs with some fuel. next time it has a hard time starting give it a go with some either / starting fluid. if it starts then thats the culprit.... its deff a carb issues.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	90 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	315288

were the carbs rebuilt or replaced as you stated in your thread? how old is the fuel? does it have fuel stabil in it? is your ski oil injection or premix? you may need to pull them again and do another rebuild and do a good cleaning on them. good luck

Thread Information