What is this??????

I was having RPM issues with my ski. I replaced the wear ring and it fixed the problem. I ran it for about 10 minutes then docked it. When I got back on the ski would just vibrate real bad when I hit the accelerator. It would idle, however. Lots of water was in the hull of the ski when I put it back on the trailer.

I suspect it is the carbon seal? Take a look at this picture. I found this in the impeller when I took the pump off. Is it from the ski or just some piece of plastic I picked up in the water?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	315185  

Also...

The ski is a 2005 GTX SC.

+1
    random trash sucked up

4. +1 by:

+1
    does not look like it came from the ski

water inside? could be the carbon seal...take a peak in there and see if there are signs of it ... carbon dust sprayed around it etc...

the plastic looks like garbage.... it maybe wedged in there and caused the vibration temporarily? I would put it back together and start her up and see what she does

+1
    Happened to me.. a piece of plastic stacked into my impeller causing vibrations and thus water entering the hull under throttle. When the ski was standing still in water..no leak problems...Since you removed the plastic part, put all back together and go for a test...99.9% your ski will run fine. Check the pump bearings for any water...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmarxt View Post
    Happened to me.. a piece of plastic stacked into my impeller causing vibrations and thus water entering the hull under throttle. When the ski was standing still in water..no leak problems...Since you removed the plastic part, put all back together and go for a test...99.9% your ski will run fine. Check the pump bearings for any water...
    When that happened was your ski
    able to accelerate? I have zero acceleration on mine. It will only idle. If I give it gas it just sits there and vibrates

OK... I was looking at the accordion boot and noticed that the side closest to the supercharger is loose. It is tight on the side closest to the back of the ski. I tried tightening it but it feels as if it is as tight as it goes (but still feels loose). What is it supposed to be tightening down on? It doesn't feel like there is anything underneath it. Could this be the source of my problems? Is this indicative of a carbon ring failure?

+1
    It supposed to be able to move/flex while on the trailer. Under acceleration it gets pressurized and creates a seal.

Thread Information