Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Running lean

Running lean

I have a problem with my07 rxt running lean. It will start up cold an read 14.7 ideling and as it warm up will go to full lean.

Some history on my ski mods
    Gutted waterbox with rear exit
    x-charger-new
    frozen boost cooler
    50 lb injectors
    rrfpr
    open loop fuel system w billet fuel rail

the other thing thats got me stumped is I can adjust the regulator up to 50 psi and it makes no difference in afr and turns 8160 rpm.If ia adjust to 53 psi it falls on its face only turning 7150 rpm.

I look forward to your replies thanks

+1
    By open Loop Im confused our fuel is pretty much constant and not based on a maf. Let me ask where is your regulator before or after the rail? If its before I believe Your regulating the fuel comming out but its not maintaining across the injectors. A easy way to test is pinching the return line and see if it richens up you don't have to fully shut it down just moderately restrict it's return if pressure goes up (Regulator Fitting etc) or if pressure stays the same (Fuel Pump or tank assembly). Either way It's described as a Possible fuel pressure problem

running lean

Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    By open Loop Im confused our fuel is pretty much constant and not based on a maf. Let me ask where is your regulator before or after the rail? If its before I believe Your regulating the fuel comming out but its not maintaining across the injectors. A easy way to test is pinching the return line and see if it richens up you don't have to fully shut it down just moderately restrict it's return if pressure goes up (Regulator Fitting etc) or if pressure stays the same (Fuel Pump or tank assembly). Either way It's described as a Possible fuel pressure problem

I have stainless lines -3/8 on preassure side , 1/4 on return. The fuel preassure reading is at idle. The regulator is on the end of the rail and the gauge is on the front. the regulator is 1:1 and as I gain boost the preassure rises . Set at 50 psi at idle it is going to 62 psi at 12 lbs of boost. It would be hard to pinch the hose but I could put a valve inline. It is strainge though that I can run the preassure up to say 55 psi and the engine acts like an carburated engine running rich it just looses 1000 rpm. I am using a narrow band afr.I have tried two differant gauges .One is made by KOSO and it is digatal. The other is a SUNPRO led rich to lean . I am using a denso O2 # 234-2001. Could they both b wrong?

+1
    I probally get You a Innovate or Dynotune setup or a better afr setup period. By those psi Readings I doubt your Running that Lean at Idle with 50 Injectors and 50 psi fuel and almost 15 afr Idle

I was already looking at the INNOVATIVE MTX-L # 3844 seem alot of people are running them.

+1
    +1 get a better afr gauge, then if still lean check fuel pump, mine started cutting out with my et-137 wheel,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seadoo.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	315224  

What pump did you replace it with ?

+1
    Popular pumps are the walboro 255's I have a brand new Pump If You need One

+1
    walbro pump is what you need...

What part # do you have ? GSS341 or 122117

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information