Thread: Drive on docks?

Drive on docks?

Looking for a drive on dock. I'm using a plastic one from the marina now it's nice, but when it's hot out, it takes two people to push the pwc off the dock because the plastic sticks to the bottom. I have a 2010 Yamaha FX SHO and an FZS. Any recommendations?

+1
    Jet dock makes a sweet boat dock and it can flex when water gets choppy

+1
    I also like the jet dock, (they're the black ones). the wheely docks by Carolina Floats are also nice. For my friends fzs we got a wheely dock and raised up the rollers with a few washers for each bolt on the wheels, slides off very smooth.

If your dock doesn't have any adjustable wheels, you can use a can of PAM cooking spray to spray the glide path every few weeks. Don't overdo it, but it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    If your dock doesn't have any adjustable wheels, you can use a can of PAM cooking spray to spray the glide path every few weeks. Don't overdo it, but it works well.
    Butter flavored or original? jk
    This is probably a little better for the fish rather than coating them in silicone or lithium.

Banned User
    +1
    Hewitt cantilever

Quote Originally Posted by keno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    Butter flavored or original? jk
    This is probably a little better for the fish rather than coating them in silicone or lithium.
    Hah... I use regular. There's a reason I say don't overdo it... The first time I thought I'd make sure I got plenty on there, so I carefully sprayed every ridge and place I thought the ski would hit. I parked the ski and it went on like butter. My son takes the ski out and comes back to park and didn't snap the hook on the front because he was going back out in a few. We are all sitting there when I notice a ski floating out in the lake. The sucker had slid right off the dock without any help, other than a few small waves. It only takes about 3 seconds of spray per side to do the job.

Thread Information