Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which one should I buy???

Alright,so I'll start by saying that I'm not a 100% new to all this. My older brother has an rxp with a lot of mods. I've decided to look into buying a seadoo and I've been looking here and there,but........IDK which one? Rxp,rxp-x 255,or rxp-x 260

80% of my riding will be in salt water.
    I will be upgrading s/c,ic,head for sure.

I guess the question I ask myself is...should I spend 6k on the rxp and drop the rest in parts or get a newer 12-13 rxp-x and deal with payment. Also I don't wanna be waited for when I ride with others.

Btw thanks for all your inputs.

+1
    [QUOTE=Anythingfast954;2275214]Alright,so I'll start by saying that I'm not a 100% new to all this. My older brother has an rxp with a lot of mods. I've decided to look into buying a seadoo and I've been looking here and there,but........IDK which one? Rxp,rxp-x 255,or rxp-x 260

80% of my riding will be in salt water.
    I will be upgrading s/c,ic,head for sure.

I try to answer this one as I own an RXP. I would prefer the RXP or the RXP-x 255 because of 2 reasons.
    1) RXP won't buck like RXP-X 255 will.
    2) RXP-X doesn't turn as well unless you change things up quite a bit on the handling side (i.e. if u had both with stock handling RXP turns better IMHO).
    Both of these skis are the same besides the pump tunnel and of course charger, ecu program and external intercooler besides the handlebars that's it.

the RXP-X 260 is a different ski altogether. It handles and carves very well and can be very aggressive in the turns and if you're not ready it definitely will pitch you off. It also has a tendency to "lean" to one side below approx. 40-45 M.P.H. so this can be annoying. This ski also has all the newer electronics and will require a little more effort in terms of tuning. Example would be e.c.u. tuning.

I personally like the (old reliable) RXP)....hope this helps.

Thanks enforcer...

+1
    The newer S3 and T3 Hulls are waaaay better then the 06-09 rxp & px's. If you are looking to do a lot of 2 up riding, or any towing go with the 2011+ Rxt-x (the 2010's had a few issues with the driveshaft & rear access panels). Imo the S3 TX is the best all a rounder. Better ride, more comfort & speed potential.

If you just wanna corner on rails & ride it like u stole it, go with the 2012+ Rxp-x. The Rxp-x is considered a 2 seater, but might start beating you up with a passenger in waves. And will just wear you out if you ride hard! Either one will be be great in everything from the lakes to tearing it up offshore. If possible, try and ride the older and newer hulls to see what YOU like. Also, maybe try to check the classifieds here, pwctrader, and cl - to find a low hour used ski with the newer hulls. I have seen 1-2 year old skis with low hours going for around 11k (hell of a lot less than new) - Just be sure to check it thoroughly & have some warranty left to be safe.

Don't know the hours - but here an example of a good 2011 RXT-x deal - $9995
    http://www.pwctrader.com/Sea-Doo-Rxt...:asc&newsort=1

The one big issue if you decide to go with a newer/ more $ ski is that - you will still want to spend the same amount on MODS.

Don't really think you will have any problems with buddies having wait for you with any modded ski. (Unless you run the St Johns). This site is your BEST place for info - Try to read as many build/project threads, and problem/issue threads as you can - to help you make an informed decision.

+1
    You want to go fast? 255 rxpx end of story. I have ridden my friends 260 rxpx and its just a hassle to ride. Too much going on with electronics and everything else.My 255 rxpx is so simple to ride and it hauls.

I have owned all three, rxpx 260 is light years ahead of anything in terms of handling and overall riding,

I don't think you all know but it only leans when u have the trim all the way up, doesn't happen when trim is down..

If I had to choose between rxpx-255 or rxp I would go rxpx, holeshot is a lot better, turning is also way better, but if your after big mph out of those two skis then go for the rxp..

I love my px 260, the fun factor and aggressive hull makes u feel like u don't need big mph to have a blast

I've ridden the 06 rxp with a rude 2 and supporting mods.
    Honestly,it's between a 255 and a 260 at this point.
    We ride a lot in the intercostal,wave are ok,but it's to much sometimes! Btw thanks all of you guys for your opinions!

get the newer one... go for the 260 ... you'll want one of those later on anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by Drok512 View Post
    get the newer one... go for the 260 ... you'll want one of those later on anyway..
    I just don't like all the new electronics.....I can pick a 260 up right now if I wanted to. I'm just absorbing everyone's thoughts before I go out and drop the cash.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information