Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FZR LIMPS HOME pls help

Hi Everyone. Im new here and new to PWC in general.

I have a 2009 FZR

After running for a couple of hours full noise, i had to put put back to shore once as it would not rev over 3-4000rpm. Once i got back to shore i did the usual check checked the intake and all was fine, jumped on and away it went.

Now its done it a second time twice in one day, almost as though the L-mode has been selected but the L-mode light is not on
    I have held down the button on the left of console for fault report, it returns a zero which means its normal
    It still starts fine and all tell tail signs are running well its just wont allow to be reved of 3-4000rpm

I Live in batam Indonesia and I cannot get the singapre dealer to come take a look at it and do its diagnotic test which will say exactly what it is straight away, so how can i before the same test my self

Any one know what is wrong or how I can do full diagnostic test my self?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    could be a over heat or something, have you checked to make sure you have proper cooling? and the oil have you checked the level of that? I don't know about the knock control on these ECU's it may have detected knock, is your fuel in good condition?

some more details on your modifications and conditions would help the people here out much better

+1
    One of ours did that last year; new set of spark plugs and good to go. Only takes a few minutes. Replace the plugs before you do anything else.

4. +1 by:

+1
    +1 new plugs.
    Also run some fuel Injector cleaner thru it.

+1
    Sound like the reverse switch is faulty, check the switch on the reverse bucket is back out all the way or chuck a meter on it and cross reference to manual

+1
    sounds like the reverse sensor is out of wack or bad, wont rev over 3k

Thanks for your help people. Ski is stock standard. It happened the first rime after I used reverse for the first time. So I will check that for sure. I replaced the plugs the first time it happened buy it done it again. Have also been running good fuel (well I paid for good fuel) so it should not be that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by paul251076 View Post
    Thanks for your help people. Ski is stock standard. It happened the first rime after I used reverse for the first time. So I will check that for sure. I replaced the plugs the first time it happened buy it done it again. Have also been running good fuel (well I paid for good fuel) so it should not be that.
    almost sounds like the reverse lever wasnt pushed all the way in, you dont it popping into reverse while going forward, been there, not a pretty sight

10. +1 by:

Can anyone send me a link where i can download "the correct" service manual, for SHO FZR, so i can cross reference the manual with regard to the reverse switch.

check your exhaust. at the back of the ski, check that there are no cracks, none of the fasteners have let go and that everything is connected properly. My ski did this too and it took a couple of hours to work out what was going on. one of my clamps holding the exhaust together had snapped and it was allowing the exhuast to vent into the back of the ski. i don't know whether it was causing an overtemp or there was a co2 trigger that put the ski into limp-mode (and then refuse to start).

on another note you can grab the diagnostic cable and software for the ski on ebay for about $50 now (if i remember correctly). mine just arrived today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information