Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69

    Open loop flush valve???

    Does anyone know where can i find the flush valve for the open loop cooling??? Or something that works??


  2. #2
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    I use a "y" with 3/4 male hose threads, then get brass barbs with female ends then when when I want to flush unhook hose plug it in. I will take pics in the am for ya

  3. #3
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    I use a "y" with 3/4 male hose threads, then get brass barbs with female ends then when when I want to flush unhook hose plug it in. I will take pics in the am for ya
    Please, thanks

  4. #4
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    Here ya go pictures are not the best but will give You a idea. In to "y" one to intercooler one to exhaust male on inlet line. I take hose to "y" to flush and connect to ride hope this helps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	315474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	315475  

  5. #5
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Here ya go pictures are not the best but will give You a idea. In to "y" one to intercooler one to exhaust male on inlet line. I take hose to "y" to flush and connect to ride hope this helps
    Your setup is a little different than mine, I have two "Y" one after the strainer and one after the intercooler. The one after the strainer feeds the intercooler and the other outlet is pluged right now do to not having a valve to flush it. The "Y" after the intercooler feeds the open loop and the other outlet feeds the exhaust mani.. What I'm looking for is a way to flush it using the "Y" outlet that I have pluged right now.

  6. #6
    RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    104
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0706.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	315566See if you can pick up one of these types of fittings (both the male and female) they self seal and can be put on to any hose. So you can plumb it in with a Y fitting as early in your system as you can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0708.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	315564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0707.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	315565  

  7. #7
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Here ya go pictures are not the best but will give You a idea. In to "y" one to intercooler one to exhaust male on inlet line. I take hose to "y" to flush and connect to ride hope this helps
    Your setup is a little different than mine, I have two "Y" one after the strainer and one after the intercooler. The one after the strainer feeds the intercooler and the other outlet is pluged right now do to not having a valve to flush it. The "Y" after the intercooler feeds the open loop and the other outlet feeds the exhaust mani.. What I'm looking for is a way to flush it using the "Y" outlet that I have pluged right now.
    Get rid of the dr Seuss contraption your making to much work for yourself. Make a male hose end on inlet hose and y it before strainer one straight to exhaust one to strainer use the fitting assembly I have done

  8. #8
    boost junkie skidoochris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Davison, Mi
    Posts
    4,494
    +1
    476
    those quick connectors with valves really reduce the water flow
    I keep a cheep pair of hose pinch pliers in my storage ben next to my tow rope
    the stock 08 x skis use a t to split the exhaust and IC water flow

  9. #9
    Matatan tocullo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    VISTA AL RIO FL
    Posts
    1,725
    +1
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0706.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	315566See if you can pick up one of these types of fittings (both the male and female) they self seal and can be put on to any hose. So you can plumb it in with a Y fitting as early in your system as you can.
    Nice! Where can I get those?

  10. #10
    RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,244
    +1
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by tocullo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0706.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	315566See if you can pick up one of these types of fittings (both the male and female) they self seal and can be put on to any hose. So you can plumb it in with a Y fitting as early in your system as you can.
    Nice! Where can I get those?
    I get all my Jetski parts from JetskiJunk here in New Zealand. They will ship worldwide.

    They have all sorts of flush fittings. Even OEM Type that I am sure you could make work.

    http://jetskijunk.co.nz/en/483-flush...aha-early.html

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts JD Open loop Cover - Riva Blow off valve
    By tchies in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 01:32 PM
  2. Open loop plate and pressure relief valve
    By Pyro in forum Conversion FAQ and Tips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2013, 08:53 PM
  3. engine flushing - open loop cooling - zebra mussells
    By Jetman150 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-19-2012, 10:30 PM
  4. Flushing the riva open loop????
    By GMONEY in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
  5. How-To: Flushing the open loop cooling for winter
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •