Guys ive a few mods on my FZS ! As follows
    R2 flash
    Tommy Jordan exhaust mod
    Riva power filter
    intake ribbon removed
    Riva BOV
    R&D grate with PPK
    Stock un touched prop

Took it out with my buddy yesterday and give the mods a try and according to my tach I'm @ 8130 72.8 Half tank of fuel

as the ride went on my crappy tach TTO tach kept giving false reading but the speed stayed the same if not dropped off, safe to assume heat soak in engine bay and stock cooler could not cope,

the riding season is close to over so I'm thinking about intercoolers, want for now to retain stock boost but not ruling out a B1 but not much interest as I want to max out stock boost for now,

I'm only interested in either drop in or full kits as i don't have time or fabrication to hand

The Riva cooling kit would suit me but i feel it wont open up as much as the stock wheel as can be unlocked, plus it's going to have to be changed as soon as i move away from stock boost,

thanks for reading and lets hear your findings and suggestions if you have any, I've read pages of info and now overloaded and if anyone has CFM reading on coolers on market please let me know

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I run a Riva Gen 1 intercooler and 14psi of boost. It works well in my area with the conditions here, never heat soak. Everyone will tell you Gen 2 riva......it probably flows better, also the Fizzle cooler will probably flow the best air.

For a B1 a Riva gen 1 cooler will be fine, but if you go over a 15.5 wheel then a gen 2 or fizzle would be a better choice.

+1
    Go with a type 14 or wait for the new fizzle

+1
    I had basically the same set up as yours and was at 71.7ish and I went to a type 14 and went to 77. this was with stock SCer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130922_192306.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	315641   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130927_214522.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	315642   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130927_214434.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	315643  

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    I had basically the same set up as yours and was at 71.7ish and I went to a type 14 and went to 77. this was with stock SCer.

I would shoot my self in the head if I had a component look all green and nasty like that in my engine bay, Hell my ski got 110hr in all kinds of conditions and dont look like that LOL, Clean that thing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    Guys ive a few mods on my FZS ! As follows
    R2 flash
    Tommy Jordan exhaust mod
    Riva power filter
    intake ribbon removed
    Riva BOV
    R&D grate with PPK
    Stock un touched prop

Took it out with my buddy yesterday and give the mods a try and according to my tach I'm @ 8130 72.8 Half tank of fuel

as the ride went on my crappy tach TTO tach kept giving false reading but the speed stayed the same if not dropped off, safe to assume heat soak in engine bay and stock cooler could not cope,

the riding season is close to over so I'm thinking about intercoolers, want for now to retain stock boost but not ruling out a B1 but not much interest as I want to max out stock boost for now,

I'm only interested in either drop in or full kits as i don't have time or fabrication to hand

The Riva cooling kit would suit me but i feel it wont open up as much as the stock wheel as can be unlocked, plus it's going to have to be changed as soon as i move away from stock boost,

thanks for reading and lets hear your findings and suggestions if you have any, I've read pages of info and now overloaded and if anyone has CFM reading on coolers on market please let me know

hey paul, long time no see, hope all is well with you..

if budget allows id deff go for the riva cooler. but for the money you cant beat building your own type 14 I/C just needs to be flushed out VERY good with fresh water after saltwater riding.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Austin, I think there may have been something else up with your setup, we tipically see ~2 mph gain from stock cooler to a type 14 with good water routing..

8. +1 by:

Thread Information