HELP 04 GTX supercharged

Can someone please tell me what's going on here. I have a 2004 GTX supercharged. It has been running flawless for several months now. Yesterday I took it out and and I felt something give away or come loose in the steering when I was turning hard at high speed. I immediately noticed it now did not have any steering to the right but would steer great to the left. Handle bars moved fine but no steering to right. So I tied it off to a buoy and continued to ski with my other boat . About an hour later I noticed it was sitting lower in the water than usual. I looked inside engine area and it was half full with water. Water level was about half way up on the supercharger. I then got it out of the water ASAP. My questions.....what is going on with steering? What did this have to do with water getting inside because it has never leaked before. What do I need to do with engine if anything now that water was inside. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

+1
    My guess it the steering cable nut broke at the transom.

+1
    start with the motor
    get all the water out of it....ASAP
    pull SC hose off drain water out
    pull spark plugs and crank over and look for water out of the cyl
    change motor oil

the water could come from many hoses but sounds like the fitting

+1
    Look at parts 47-55 very closely, I agree with beerdart #49 is probably broken

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....-STEERING-ASSY.

Yep, part number 49 was the culprit. The small plastic piece broke at the threads and made the steering give way. It left a small 1/2 hole open that was filling the engine compartment. I took out the spark plugs, turned over engine and didn't see any water come out of the cylinder holes. I replaced plugs. I then took off the hose that comes out of the back of the supercharger and didn't see any water in there. The small amount of oil in the bottom of the supercharger pipe looked good. I have ordered some oil and plan to change it. After I noticed it was sinking I had to run it at least a mile to put it on trailer. Engine ran fine and still does. I am hoping a got lucky. Best I can remember the water level was up the bottom of the supercharger hose. Anyone know of anything else I need to check in regards to the water getting in please advise. Thanks.

+1
    Fire it up you are good to go and very very lucky!

Your next project before you ride is to install an automatic bilge pump. If you had one with a 3 way, Auto-Off-On Switch wired directly to the battery this would not have happened. I turn my bilge pumps On prior to riding each day, testing that it comes on, then switch to Auto. This way the key does not have to be on the ski, and your bilge pump would have just taken a piss every few minutes keeping the ski from flooding and alerting you of a problem.

Here is how to do it:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79658

Your welcome!

Thread Information