Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

jet pump blueprinting advice

I would like to know who u all recommend for the most affordable jet pump blueprinting service. My 04 rxp is just not where I think it should be with the mods I have. Im considering sending the pump off to have it blueprinted with the solas impeller and pitched correctly and professionally as I cant seem to get it quite right doing it myself...

+1
    IMO, its not your pump holding you back. You probably need a rrfpr and you definitely need to monitor afr's.

+1
    + 1 on what troyheb said,
    the number one mod is a RRFPR and AFR gauge when you change out to an External intercooler, you could be running pig rich and washing the oil off your cylinder walls, burning up your piston rings, or running very lean,
    rpms seem way low to give you the boost you need, more rpms-more boost, more boost-more speed,
    Are you still running a stock ECU?

+1
    IMO anyone wanting a real tune should be using something like a cmd or vtec with logging

Im running a setup purchased from a person on here that had many test hours on it and actually to my recollection for the s3 wheel the only upgrade needed was the 42# injectors which I got with the setup. I mean it runs great like a bat out of hell just a tiny bit shy of the top speed. With my current setup and the solas tweeked a little its running 8100 rpm... top speed maybe 73 but I havent ran it low on fuel yet to really test. The opas extension kit seemed to slow it down but it is much more stable. I run a tank of gas out at full throttle all day and it never misses a beat... for 2 seasons now I sure would think or hope that it is not running lean or rich. Does not smoke... I guess my only thing would be a little more top end... I thought surely that was to be found in the propulsion system 1-3mph with a good blueprint and proper pitch...perhaps a new wear ring... no? Oh and I do realize id need an aftermarket tuneable ecu to get any "real" results... on that end anyway.

What if you dont know anything about messing around with a rrfpr... cuz I really think I would do more harm than good. Its running so well now id hate to mess with it.

Banned User
    +1
    you know its funny as i was told my afrs were pig rich in the bottom end and mid range. That part is very true as they were before going rrfpr fuel rail setup.
    Many people said my rings and pistons were getting trashed and engine was on borrowed time.

Well funny thing is with 160 hours compression is perfect and internally the engine was beautiful when tore down. Theres a huge diff in 1800 rpms and 8800 rpms. If i could do it all over again i would have heeded the previous owners advice and not touched a thing and listened to the masses. It cost me roughly 4500 and really there was no reason besides i asked numerous questions and followed the masses like a sheep.

if it aint broke dont fix it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    I would like to know who u all recommend for the most affordable jet pump blueprinting service. [B]My 04 rxp is just not where I think it should be with the mods I have.[/B] Im considering sending the pump off to have it blueprinted with the solas impeller and pitched correctly and professionally as I cant seem to get it quite right doing it myself...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcc011185 View Post
    What if you dont know anything about messing around with a rrfpr... cuz I really think I would do more harm than good. Its running so well now id hate to mess with it.

So which one is it going to be?

+1
    Yep you've got the mod sickness..

Gotta have a few more mph...
    Gotta shell out a couple grand more...
    Gotta feed your habit...

I meant its running great rpms are fine everything is fine. At 8100 rpms on the solas I have with the mods I have I just thought the top speed should have been a little higher. On my old kawi 150 I picked up something like 3mph with pump blueprinting and just as simple as filling the ride plate holes... not the same here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information