Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

?'s about 08+ TDR waterbox w/ thru hull, 3" exit

Any one have pics of the thru hull exhaust outlet that comes with the TDR waterbox thru hull with outlet included? What would be the advantage over the 2.75" exit? And would the 3" still fit in the same location as the 2.75" as it looks like the 2.75" is close to where the hull starts to curve and become not totally flat on the rear of an RXP, so does the 3" still fit on the flat area? Thank you in advance

TJ

Banned User
    +1
    Outlet size has nothing to do with performance, its just a hole...You have to travel all the way up to the exhaust manifold and be BIGGER from that point on to see any real gain...Anything after that point, modified OEM or aftermarket, is a gain in performance..

You just need to drill the opening hole in a location that allows the outlet to sit as flush as possible...And since the 3" outlet is designed to utilize the normal aftermarket location (everyone uses the Riva standard location), then you will be good to go.

Those that have to pop a fresh hole have the advantage of locating the hole exactly where they needed it. The exhaust system as a little bit of FLOAT in it (when done right), giving you some fudge room of atleast 1/2-1"..........Again, when done right....

+1
    Sounds good Danny, didnt think it had to do with performance as much as maybe being louder/looking better, thanks

Anyone have pics of their TDR exhaust outlet that comes with the 08+ waterbox with 3" exit?

+1
    good luck finding a 3" thru hull
    IMO the deference between 2 3/4 and 3 performance are not measurable

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    good luck finding a 3" thru hull
    IMO the deference between 2 3/4 and 3 performance are not measurable
    TDR makes a 3" thru hull.. Just seeing if anyone has a pic of the exhaust tip he sends with it..

Are TDR boxes pretty good and well made now with all the welds on them and all? Hold up well if not overheated from a strainer full of sand? Lol

+1
    Get ahold of Ocman,(Eric)..he has the 3 inch TDR with Tip and pics...He should be able to help you with that...

Heres a link to his thread BUT i dont see the pictures anymore..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117904

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Get ahold of Ocman,(Eric)..he has the 3 inch TDR with Tip and pics...He should be able to help you with that...

Heres a link to his thread BUT i dont see the pictures anymore..

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117904
    Thanks Sno.. I will try to see if he has any pics, I think I'm leaning more towards the 2.75 with a Rude tip..
    These TDR boxes good boxes quality wise lately? Welds hold up on them? There seems to be a lot of welded areas that worry me compared to the mandrel bent Riva box

Also, where's the best place to buy them? Bansheedepot or Pwcextreme? Any others? How come not here in store?!

+1
    That's what i have..The 08, 3 inch down to 2.75 tip..I love it..I also run the other style(04-07) on my wifes ski...I have not had any problems with either do to box quality...I know Tony makes all of his boxes by hand..Dont know what happened on that other box that caused it to fail....Bad weld?Bad material?Something shift??Clogged cooling???I don't know BUT i have not heard of TDR boxes failing...Just make sure you cool them...As in any water box you need the water to cool them or you will loose a box,wether it be Riva,OEM or TDR.....

As far as were to order it from??Go with Banchee Depot...That is actually Tonys web page(the guy who makes the boxes)..He is a bad ass dude,talked to him a couple times on the phone...he will take care of you...As to why Jerry doesnt sell them anymore???I cant answer that question as he used to sell them under his own name,They used to call them the "greenbox"

+1
    That's what i have..The 08, 3 inch down to 2.75 tip..I love it..I also run the other style(04-07) on my wifes ski...I have not had any problems with either do to box quality...I know Tony makes all of his boxes by hand..Dont know what happened on that other box that caused it to fail....Bad weld?Bad material?Something shift??Clogged cooling???I don't know BUT i have not heard of TDR boxes failing...Just make sure you cool them...As in any water box you need the water to cool them or you will loose a box,wether it be Riva,OEM or TDR.....

As far as were to order it from??Go with Banchee Depot...That is actually Tonys web page(the guy who makes the boxes)..He is a bad ass dude,talked to him a couple times on the phone...he will take care of you...As to why Jerry doesnt sell them anymore???I cant answer that question as he used to sell them under his own name,They used to call them the "greenbox"
    That's what I thought the Greenboxes were.. I have an 07 that I'm gonna covert to the new 08+ style exhaust and I guess I'll go with the TDR with the 2.75 exit and not reduce it and all.. And just go with the Rude tip in the store, and I guess I'll need the Riva blue exhaust coupler too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPteamtimebomb View Post

That's what I thought the Greenboxes were.. I have an 07 that I'm gonna covert to the new 08+ style exhaust and I guess I'll go with the TDR with the 2.75 exit and not reduce it and all.. And just go with the Rude tip in the store, and I guess I'll need the Riva blue exhaust coupler too
    Call Tony,tell him you want the 3 inch redused to the 2.75..hell do it no problem...

Correct,you will need the 08 midpipe,Coupler,the 08 V-band clamp,2 Hose clamps to fit the midpipe coupler,waterbox,Blue coupler and clamps,tip and the J-shaped hose off the 08 exhaust for cooling...the rest of the hoses you can use off your exsisting setup...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information