+1

Where is my intercooler and where do i put antifreeze in it? (GTR215)

We got the last ride of the season in yesterday and its going to be nice the next couple days and i would like to winterize my GTR215 & GTI130. Im used to winterizing my GTI130 which is fairly easy, and from what i read the only difference between GTI winterizing (N/A Engines) and the superchargers is i need to pour a little bit of Antifreeze in the intercooler.

Ive read the service bulletin on how to winterize them by revving the engine to 4,000 RPMs a few times but everywhere i read is it is still smart to pour antifreeze in it.

Where and how do i do this???

Any help is greatly appreciated! I have searched the forum and read all the bulitans and watched videos but no where does anyone explain where the intercooler is or how to pour antifreeze in.

THanks!

+1
    Front of the intake manifold. Two hoses one goes to the pump the other to the exhaust manifold.

+1
    Just out of curiosity. I was advised that all that was needed is to blow compressed air into the line from the pump to push out whatever water resides in the IC...is this not wise and should RV freeze be used instead?

Uhhh... your GTR 215 runs on coolant/antifreeze, it 's a closed looped cooling system. Just run your engine and it's cycled through. Only the exhaust cooler sucks external water in.

+1
    He's talking about the intercooler champ, which is not closed loop. Cooled by lake/ocean water.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KC8ANP View Post
    Uhhh... your GTR 215 runs on coolant/antifreeze, it 's a closed looped cooling system. Just run your engine and it's cycled through. Only the exhaust cooler sucks external water in.
    true.

The ENGINE is cooled with a closed-loop system.

The Inter-Cooler(I/C), as well as the exhaust system are both cooled by water used from the body of water you are riding in. Pressure to that cooling system is provided by your propulsion pump.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken62465 View Post
    Just out of curiosity. I was advised that all that was needed is to blow compressed air into the line from the pump to push out whatever water resides in the IC...is this not wise and should RV freeze be used instead?
    Sometimes the pressurized air approach can leave some residual water in the I/C. That in turn, can freeze and rupture your I/C

Use the same flush port you would for water or air. Use a reservoir(1 gal. or so) on a longer tube and fill with RV anti-freeze. Hold reservoir above handle-bar height. this will fill the I/C. This will be accomplished when you see the anti-freeze running out through the bottom of the skis tunnel - (just like when you flush it with fresh water).

Thread Information