Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Procedure for setting fuel pressure with RRFPR

Can anyone clearly outline the procedure for setting my RRFPR baseline fuel pressure ? I have the liquid filled gauge on the regulator and obviously adjust using the allen key and turning the screw. What I question is whether to set it while the engine is running? Or do I set it with the engine off and the DESS key on reading the pressure as it primes? Also, do I need to disconnect the reference line going to the manifold while setting it or just leave it?

Lets us 58 psi as a reference. I don't want to debate the correct number here, just how to set it. Thanks

+1
    Engine running.

Banned User
    +1
    MOTOR OFF....Because with motor running, the reference line is pulling a vacuum, which drops the pressure setting from what you set it at. It must be set with it OFF....

Connect key, watch it prime, pump will kick off.....Connect again, see what pressure is....Unscrew adjuster, connect key, turn until you get to desired pressure (pump will kick off)....HOLD the adjust in the location, adjust jam nut....Connect key, confirm pressure...Repeat if needed.

+1
    Exactly the reason I asked. I noticed the pressure is different from the prime vs when it idles.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBernards View Post
    So just start it up and let it idle then set it? Don't worry about doing anything with the reference line?
    With or without the reference line connected, there will be a pressure drop when the injectors start to fire.....Must be done with the motor OFF.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post
    Engine running.
    Really how to you do this? I always do it the way Danny suggested.

+1
    On the prime I see about 66psi on the gauge. While it is idling I see about 58 because the reference line is pulling vacuum at idle. So basically I am way high on my baseline pressure. I want to be about 58-60 based on my setup. I had messed with it and set it while idling a couple of weeks ago. Now I understand. Thanks Danny.

+1
    it depends on how your fuel is maped
    stock was not set up for a rrfpr so its never going to be the same with the reference line working

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    it depends on how your fuel is maped
    +1...Your map and AFRs will dictate were you set it to....Running or Not will only give you a base line,BUT once the ski is running that's is were your will make the final adjustments....So in your case,and IMO seeing your gonna be adjusting them later,it doesn't really matter if the ski is on or off for idle adjustments......

+1
    I wanted to confirm because:

- When I bought the ski the owner advised me to run at 58-60 which was recommended by Jerry
    - Then I messed with it and set it while idling thinking that I set it back to what it was
    - Then I took it out for a 2 hour ride and noticed the oil level was slightly high on the dipstick when I got home

Previously over a 10 hour period I didn't have any issues with oil level going up. So I tied my messing with the fuel pressure to the high oil level. Now it all makes sense.

Gonna re-adjust the FP correctly and change my oil. Also gonna install my CMD/WB2 this week

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information