Seadoo XP Spec 2 water routing questions!

Ok guys. I had another post out there about acquiring this 96 XP. I'm not familar with them at all. I'm a GP/GPR guy.

I thought this was a spec 1 pipe but after cleaning the paint off the pipe. I see spec 2 stamped into the mid pipe. And after some research I now know and understand that it has a ECWI explaining the spec 2. I have visited the FP web site and done some other reading on the water routing but still have just a few questions. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	315626

Here is a diagram that is on the site. They only have the Spec 1 diagram up there on the site. I'm not sure if the 1/2 are the same routing or not. If so I'm really close to what they heave here. Keep in mind, I got the ski the way it is and was blown up about 4 times prior. It was far to lean and they just kept rebuilding it and not figuring out why! I just want to make sure I cross my t's and what not as I put it back together.

You can see in this photo the water in to the ECWI and T out to the RAVE water also going from ECWI to a fitting on the mid pipe just past where the head pipe and mid pipe meet. Sorry I can't rotate the photo for some reason

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	169 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	315627

The next photo is a bit confusing to me and one of my main questions. There is a fitting on the back side of the mid pipe and one on the front side near the end the the mid pipe. These lines are tied together with a T in the middle. The T going to the RAVE just like the diagram suggests but I don't see on the diagram where the two fittings on the pipe should be tied together. The fitting at the end of the mid pipe on the front sis tapped and has a 90 main jet in it.

Views:	130 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	315633Click image for larger version. 

Views:	160 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	315632Click image for larger version. 

Views:	249 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	315631

Also. There is a fitting they show on the head pipe that is to go to a pisser out the back by the tow hook. This has been blocked off and capped. No line there what so ever. I'm sure I should put one there but like I said I'm not familiar with this set up at all. Maybe the way the water is run here has something to do with this?

hopefully some one can help here. Thanks!

I love the brushed pipe, looks cool. I dont know what's going on with that setup. If it was mine, here's My suggestion;

Put a 120 jet into the head pipe from the water injection. You want to put this before the actuating valve because the pressure can just blow past the valve.

Ditch the rave valve on the waterbox and run a 120 jet into the box. This line should have a T and also go to that mid pipe with a 90 jet also.

I did a lot of research and asking around and it seems most people I talked to ran it like this. The outlet on the head that points towards the mag side should connect to mid pipe as well towards the fuel tank.

Quote Originally Posted by HCP Designs View Post
    Ok guys. I had another post out there about acquiring this 96 XP. I'm not familar with them at all. I'm a GP/GPR guy.

I thought this was a spec 1 pipe but after cleaning the paint off the pipe. I see spec 2 stamped into the mid pipe. And after some research I now know and understand that it has a ECWI explaining the spec 2. I have visited the FP web site and done some other reading on the water routing but still have just a few questions. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	454 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	315626

Here is a diagram that is on the site. They only have the Spec 1 diagram up there on the site. I'm not sure if the 1/2 are the same routing or not. If so I'm really close to what they heave here. Keep in mind, I got the ski the way it is and was blown up about 4 times prior. It was far to lean and they just kept rebuilding it and not figuring out why! I just want to make sure I cross my t's and what not as I put it back together.

You can see in this photo the water in to the ECWI and T out to the RAVE water also going from ECWI to a fitting on the mid pipe just past where the head pipe and mid pipe meet. Sorry I can't rotate the photo for some reason

Views:	169 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	315627

The next photo is a bit confusing to me and one of my main questions. There is a fitting on the back side of the mid pipe and one on the front side near the end the the mid pipe. These lines are tied together with a T in the middle. The T going to the RAVE just like the diagram suggests but I don't see on the diagram where the two fittings on the pipe should be tied together. The fitting at the end of the mid pipe on the front sis tapped and has a 90 main jet in it.

Views:	130 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	315633Click image for larger version. 

Views:	160 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	315632Click image for larger version. 

Views:	249 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	315631

Also. There is a fitting they show on the head pipe that is to go to a pisser out the back by the tow hook. This has been blocked off and capped. No line there what so ever. I'm sure I should put one there but like I said I'm not familiar with this set up at all. Maybe the way the water is run here has something to do with this?

hopefully some one can help here. Thanks!

Thread Information