Extreme RXT-X 260 Stereo Install

I've had several guys asking if I planned to do an install on the newer model Seadoos, specifically the RXT-X 260. So far, I still have not done the mirror based speaker pods as in the past. Partially because the new mirror style is a real pain, and partially because I wanted to do a more extreme installation on my own ski. I still have not decided for sure to sell these, kind of depends on the feedback. I can tell you that the sound is incredible, better than I've heard on most full size boats. So, here's the install.

Starts with 7" drivers mounted in the removable rear access panels. These things have a complex contour to them, but I have fabricated CNC machined adapter rings. Once the hatches were reverse engineered, and the rings fabricated, the actual installation is a breeze. The most difficult part was removing the adhesive after scoring the pad that is glued to the hatches. Forget the Goo-Gone and that type of stuff. Plain old mineral spirits worked the best.

I also had to make a very simple mod to the battery holder. It comes with a tall handle that interfered with the speaker on the right side of the hull. I cut off the handle and replaced it with a rope handle as shown in one of the pics. The rope handle actually almost seems better to me.

Next, I have a 10" subwoofer mounted in the front storage bin. The original cover for that bin just snaps in place, so is very easy to remove. The new cover with the sub installed utilizes the existing snap holds and even the gasket from the original cover, so it is easily removed. The storage bin still has the majority of the space available for use.

Lastly for drivers, I fabricated a surface mount for some mid-tweeters up front below the handle bars. I had really good sound without these, but they do help pull the soundstage forward.

On top of the drivers, I am using a bluetooth receiver and waterproof power supply so I can anchor the ski, and still manage the tunes from the beach. I am using an IPOD Touch 4th Gen, and this works great, and seems to have about a 30' range even with the Touch in a waterproof case. I'm not real thrilled with the quality of this youtube video, but this shows the Touch in action with the system playing. Trust me, I sounds 100X better than the youtube video.

By the way, anyone know the trick to making youtube videos viewable on mobile devices? I've searched online and have found several answers, none of which seem current. Thanks

Kevin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130929_085737.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	315638   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130929_151405.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	315635   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130929_151349.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	315640   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130802_214007.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	315634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Top View System.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	315639  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by soggydog View Post

By the way, anyone know the trick to making youtube videos viewable on mobile devices? I've searched online and have found several answers, none of which seem current. Thanks

Kevin
    You should be able to go into video manager and change the setting - if my memory serves me right.

+1
    Sweet set up!!!!

Nice what kind of amp(s) are you running?

Ive tried and tried to contact soggydog, and cant get a hold of them. Are they still in business?

Thread Information