Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

How often do you do an oil change -RXP- ?

For an 06 RXP:

I just got into PW's about a year ago, but with these new engines should I just change my oil every year? I only put on about 20-30 hours a year. It just seems that according to the manual- 50 hours is too long to wait.

I'm curious because I was thinking about getting an oil change when I get my Stage I installed.

It seems that if you ride a lot or race, you would change it every 20-25 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    For an 06 RXP:

I just got into PW's about a year ago, but with these new engines should I just change my oil every year? I only put on about 20-30 hours a year. It just seems that according to the manual- 50 hours is too long to wait.

I'm curious because I was thinking about getting an oil change when I get my Stage I installed.

It seems that if you ride a lot or race, you would change it every 20-25 hours...
    Regardless of ski, especially if it's going to sit for a few months like some living up north during the winter, EVERY RIDING SEASON, at least.

+1
    I like to change mine every 20 to 25 hours.

Start of a new season and every 25 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Start of a new season and every 25 hours.
    good plan

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I thought the forum members had decided it was better to change the oil at the end of the riding season than the beginning. The reason being that leaving the used oil in the ski during the winter allows the acids and contaminates time to do harm. After that I wouldn't go more than 25-30 hours on a stock ski.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    I thought the forum members had decided it was better to change the oil at the end of the riding season than the beginning. The reason being that leaving the used oil in the ski during the winter allows the acids and contaminates time to do harm. After that I wouldn't go more than 25-30 hours on a stock ski.
    Not being critical, but what exactly does it harm? The clutch, washers, o-rings, or what? I wouldn't think that changing the oil right before you put the ski away and allowing it to sit for 5 or 6 months in subfreezing temperatures wouldnt be much better.

I dont know though, I have heard the same thing as you're saying NCHeel.

I have also heard to change your oil at the end of the season and again at the start, but that seems pointless and expensive.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Yeah I'm not going to change oil at the end and beginning of season. Acids in oil can pit the metal and deteriorate the seals. There was an in depth post that discussed this in the fall. It was concluded that it was better to have the ski sit with "fresh" oil over the winter and having the ski ready to go in the spring. I'm sure when Amsoil4u sees this post he can elaborate on the subject. I'll hunt for the post but I'm sure its buried.

Prohibido usuario
    +1

Ok thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information