Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I'M Baaaack (with 300 still not right from dealer service)

Sad story...you may remember my tale of dealer tech screwing up my cam timing.." one tooth off'...and the countless attempts to fix my 300 after the fuck up which the tech is not proud of but at least he mans up to his mistake.

You may also recall that upon water testing that my ski ran progressivley worse after the dealer retimed the ski and found oil in my intercooler and intake manifold with number 1 and 4 plugs fouled.

Their solution was a plugged exhaust filter which they thought was salt but upon further invest was determined to be oil not salt...

Well the ski ran good for around 1.5 hrs...still a little off then the rpm and power started dropping off...to now the ski will only turn 6500rpm and power is lost throughout rpm range.

My dip stick has also been popping up 6 inches and there has been slight oil loss..

WTF is going on? is there a crankcase vent problem....plugged catch can?

This is really depressing! my ski has not run right now for over 2 months.

Why don't you take this up with the dealer since you say they started all your problems. Escalate to the local rep if you think your dealer is not performing.
    You don't need to start another 10 page thread to solve your problems

3. +1 by:

+1
    crankcase pressure will push the dipstick out, you sure you havent used sub standard fuel and deto'd a piston? or due to timing error? check crankcase vent hoses also.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Mark - you need to go up front and ask how much to get you into the new 2014 Ultra-310R.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Pro...scid=23&id=774

Tell them you are not happy and have them cut-you the "right deal" on one of those 2014 Models.

I will tell you what they quoted me if you are interested.

I believe you purchased the service and maintenance plan as well when you bought your 2012 Ultra-300x?

I would make them carry that over to your new machine - N/C.

I really don't want to say anything about their Service in a Public Forum - but I will certainly say that I was less-than impressed with what they did to my ski for the "Mandatory 10 hour Service".

I was "bamboozeled" into thinking he did a thorough job - and tossed him a 20 spot. Then when I dragged my shit home, and inspected what was done 1st hand - in my garage - I saw numerous hose clamps never touched, a broken hose clamp from the throttle body, a section of that hose clamp (broken) and laying in the bottom of my hull - and a small tear in my seat.

I returned to the store - and walked right up-front and as they will always do for their "customers" - they made EVERYTHING right for me, and even gave me my 20 dollar bill back - and gave me a 50 dollar gift card to boot.

The Owners of the store and Sales Staff know how to do the right thing.

I would return to them to buy another machine from them - but I "cringe" if I ever have to bring my ski in there again for Service. If you want your shit done "right" - you have to do it yourself !!!

PS - when I saw your ski in the lot for the "stuck" spark plug - I slid a note with my phone number in your center console - did you ever get it?

PSS - I am in Naples for a few days - yet will be back up there later in the week if you wanna "chat".

PSSS - I got nothing but GOOD to say about my ski !!!

Good Luck !!!

Ed

7. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by slope View Post
    Why don't you take this up with the dealer since you say they started all your problems. Escalate to the local rep if you think your dealer is not performing.
    You don't need to start another 10 page thread to solve your problems
    Slope

I have spoken to ownership and they have told me local rep has been involved...Sorry did not mean to offend by starting new thread was just hoping the brain trust on this forum that I have more faith in in troubleshooting..would have some ideas so I can point the parts changing dealer in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    crankcase pressure will push the dipstick out, you sure you havent used sub standard fuel and deto'd a piston? or due to timing error? check crankcase vent hoses also.
    Hi nicjack...I always use shell 93...I know its a debate on what is the best fuel but I have never had problems running it before and my 11.5-1 street car seems to run just fine on it.

I will have them check all venting hoses...blow out the catch can...run compresssion and leak down again...I did check 1&4 plugs and they are burning rich...2&3 look fine...I'm sure the cooler is full of oil reside and the intake hose probably is coated with oil again...oil level checked hot was just above the first hole on the stick so I did not loose much when it popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Mark - you need to go up front and ask how much to get you into the new 2014 Ultra-310R.

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Pro...scid=23&id=774

Tell them you are not happy and have them cut-you the "right deal" on one of those 2014 Models.

I will tell you what they quoted me if you are interested.

I believe you purchased the service and maintenance plan as well when you bought your 2012 Ultra-300x?

I really don't want to say anything about their Service in a Public Forum - but I will certainly say that I was less-than impressed with what they did to my ski for the "Mandatory 10 hour Service".

I was "bamboozeled" into thinking he did a thorough job - and tossed him a 20 spot. Then when I dragged my shit home, and inspected what was done 1st hand - in my garage - I saw numerous hose clamps never touched, a broken hose clamp from the throttle body, a section of that hose clamp (broken) and laying in the bottom of my hull - and a small tear in my seat.

I returned to the store - and walked right up-front and as they will always do for their "customers" - they made EVERYTHING right for me, and even gave me my 20 dollar bill back - and gave me a 50 dollar gift card to boot.

The Owners of the store and Sales Staff know how to do the right thing.

I would return to them to buy another machine from them - but I "cringe" if I ever have to bring my ski in there again for Service. If you want your shit done "right" - you have to do it yourself !!!

PS - when I saw your ski in the lot for the "stuck" spark plug - I slid a note with my phone number in your center console - did you ever get it?

PSS - I am in Naples for a few days - yet will be back up there later in the week if you wanna "chat".

PSSS - I got nothing but GOOD to say about my ski !!!

Good Luck !!!

Ed
    Hi Ed:

It it kinda strange that my ski ran perfect before taking it in for 10hr. service and with-in 15 minutes of riding it blew the main fuse and continued to have that problem for weeks until they finally changed the right part (complete wiring harness).

Now again my ski has gone in for the stuck plug...which was only in for 20 hrs....in fact all the plugs were harder to remove then normal...and i have a mis-timed ski with the first ride afterwards...and now this perfomance issue after the ski was re-timed and the the exhaust filter was changed for the 3rd. time in 72hrs.

Dealer has told me that stuck plugs are common with Kawi/doo/yami lately and kawi instucted them to use a copper based anti-size..but COME ON MAN...this is just too strange that my ski comes back worse than when it goes in for service... shit happens and it may not be dealers fault but i am frustrated.

Your right the dealer attempts to do the right thing but I think since they were mostly a yami dealer/ sea poop then kawi retailer, their techs are not that familar with this ski and most of their customers are not hardcore riders and put very few hrs. on skis.

BTW I had to tell them to change exhaust filter at 25hrs. for the hard start that was their first filter change.

So yes I'm sure it will get fixed but it is just a GIANT PIA and Im missing out on some good weather before I have to don the old wet suit.

No, I did not receive your note.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    I would like to "retract" this recommendation as it is apparent that they did something wrong, which essentially "induced" your issues from the "get-go".

A VERY smart man once told me - with relation to an "entirely different" topic - he said, "If you DO what you always DID - you will GET what you always GOT".
    ------------------------------------------
    Corey is in an entirely different "Hemisphere" and he figured it out. Reference:

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Only way salt can get near the filter is if it had a manifold water leak after they assembled it. As the water dump pipe is after the filter. This would also explain why you were going through spark plugs and why they were sticking, no amount of anti seize was going to fix it as its the last thread closest the electrode that rusts
    So when they changed your exhaust filter - they did not replace the gasket or use 3-Bond type sealer, and it ended up leaking and creating a "stuck plug"
    ----------------------------
    Lastly - I hate to say it - but this Sea Doo guy - whenever he comes over here in the Kawasaki Section and gives "honest" advice - I will say it's generally "good" advice:

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    8 out of 10 dealership techs don't know there ASS from a hole in the ground..

If the techs know how to work on a ski usually they open there own shop..
    -----------------
    Good Luck !!!

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Yep, as I said before, those plugs look rich because of lower compression. Now that your dipstick is popping, the compression is going into your crank case instead. Hate to say it, but the timing screw up has probably caused some detonation and you may find it's damaged the rings. Once detonation starts, the damage to the piston can continue even though the time was fixed. Tiny bits of metal can break off that causes preignition and more damage... hence more damaged!

I'd be having words with your dealer and Kawasaki about this. I suspect you have a free rebuild coming.

Cheers, Mal.

For the record, the ONLY time i had a spark plug sieze on me of 40+ skis was when i put anti seize on it. I replaced a gazillion plugs over the years i cant strees enough, DO NOT PUT ANTI SEIE ON IT, that for every other bolt BUT the spark plug. Only rednecks use it that way. I put on tiny dab of red and tacky grease on the threads and use a torq wrench(always always) i replace plugs regularly and they always come out perfect. Even tho they may suggest doing every 100-200 hours. I like to replace at about every 50 hours. 6 bucks is a small price to pay over a tearing down a motor to remove a stuck plug.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information