Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2004 low time RXP 35 hours....lost a bunch of power..but not a blown SC oil abit high

Just wondering if anyone might know what to check on this....bought an 04 RXP this summer...with 12 hours
    On it...brand new sled.It now has 35 hours on it.I did an oil/filter change at 32 hours,ran it for 3 more hours and it ran like a top.The next time i dropped it in, i only had about 2/3 power and a top speed of about 58 or so,and could only get about 6800 rpm. I immediatly assumed i blew the super and came in.when i got home i pulled the intake hose to see if i could spinthe charger and it was soild as a rock,no spin or play at all. So i started looking around and noticed the oil was abit high,not by much,maybe an 1/8 high on the dipstick,i checked the manual and the first cause for loss of power in the troubleshooting section is "engine oil to high" does anyone know the deal with this??..and can i just drain some of the oil and it will be ok??or is there something else that happens when the oil is abit high??...i have not put the sled back in the water sence...(got enough of a scare thinking i blew the s/c!!)...I also live in Ketchikan Alaska and the nearest sedoo shop is a 1000 miles away. I have a rebuild kit i bought online,but cant find anyone locally to do the job..can someone on here get me the address n details of how,where,how much,an address,etc..to send my s/c to Jerry for a rebuild??...does he take phone calls?? Have a #??...it would be alot easier to just call....thanks!!

+1
    could be many things like bad fuel
    or the knock sensor
    welcome aboard

+1
    Welcome aboard the Hulk!!

I wouldn't crank or ride the ski again till the s/c has been completely rebuilt. New clutch washers and bearings..

Send it to jerry it will get done right!!!

5. +1 by:

+1
    My first thought is the piggy back plug harness and reflash to the ecu that was an added recall part on the 04s but not sure why it would have ran good at first then now down on rpm.
    The reason I question the piggy back plug is with low hours I would guess it was not ever added.

+1
    Here is what Jerry replied long time ago.

The knock sensor update was only done on 2004 RXP's

There were two parts to this update
    1) reflash to the ECU
    2) installation of a piggy back wire harness between the stock engine harness and knock sensor connector

Both had to be done otherwise the ski would only turn 7400-7600 RPM's
    Many times a dealer would connect BUDS to the ski and without him knowing the update was done to the ECU and the tech would not install the piggy back harness.

The update was done to make the knock sensor more sensitive to detonation if lower octane fuel was used.

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk.

Thanks for the "heads up" n "welcomes" folks....this is my first sled...im TOTALLY HOOKED...not to many people are "seadoo'in" around here...not to mention...there isnt an "authorized shop" for a 1000 miles (for real)...but im riding this thing ALL winter!!(if i can keep it running lol)buying a dry suit ,so if i hit the water,i dont die...planning on running a wolf trap line this winter..on the "doo"...BIG COLD ALASKAN waters....your help is appreciated!

+1
    When was the last time you changed the spark plugs????Check your pump for blockage and prop for nose cone to be intaked..Also as the rest have mentioned you need to have that Scer pulled and checked for ceramic clutches.....I would be considering a full rebuild being it has that many years on it..

+1
    I've seen ceramic clutch washers break on a ski that had 10 hrs. No joke if they break it can ruin the motor quick. Since its obviously been sitting the washers are probably brittle and ready to break.

Pull it and send it to jerry ASAP..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information