10-08-2013, 10:14 AM #1
2002 Yamaha check engine light on, self-diagnosis, how to read code, and code list
I have a 2002 Yamaha FX140 / FX1000A and my check engine light came on and I figured out how to read the code on the jet ski.
Hold down both of the buttons on the multifunction meter for 8 seconds while the engine is running and the code will be displayed on the multifunction meter.
In the service manual for 2004-2007 FX 1100/1100A it states with the engine running, press the select button for 8 seconds and check if an error code is indicated on the multifunction meter.
- code / symptom
- 01 / normal
- 13 / pickup coil malfunction\
- 15 / engine temperature sensor malfunction
- 18 / throttle position sensor malfunction
- 19 / incorrect battery voltage
- 23 / intake air temperature sensor malfunction
- 24 / cam position sensor malfunction
- 29 / intake air pressure sensor malfunction
- 47 / slant detection switch malfunction
- 48 incorrect data transmission
- 54 / bypass valve motor malfunction
- 55 / steering switch malfunction
- 63 / intake air system malfunction
10-08-2013, 10:33 AM #2
This goes for the gp series as well. Dont forget code 53- exhaust temp sensor malfunction.
10-08-2013, 12:11 PM #3
Thanks for the additional information.
10-08-2013, 08:16 PM #4
found an old thread with a few more codes-
22- atmospheric pressure sensor malfunction
59-memory data malfunction
64-Powervalve servomotor malfunction (only some skis)
65- cooling water temp sensor malfunction
66- stepping motor stuck closed
I'm suprised we don't have some kind of master list stickied in the yamaha section
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By waterhead in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 2Last Post: 06-28-2011, 08:14 AM
By bnkeaane in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
By Venator in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
By macattack in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 08-01-2005, 02:00 PM
By meeper in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 07-27-2005, 04:24 PM