Tigershark daytona 770 bildge pump button

hello I have a 1996 daytona 770 just installed a new bildge pump it now runs all the time the engines running but will not work off a button checked that little fuse makes no difference even if I remove it the pump still runs when engines running just not with blue button any help thanks

+1
    I had a shark back in the day. Pump running when engine running is how mine worked also. Far as your switch issue only thing I can say is get the volt meter out and start hunting. Not a lot to the wiring on those. See if there is power at the switch and if the switch is working.

thanks will try find out what colours are for the switch. Iv bought this ski for £200 pounds done a full engine rebuild myself and i really cannot beleave how fast and fun to ride this ski is lots of power and iv been used to riding a polaris mx150 2005 turbo and still this seems very light and fast. im wondering if the switch is connected through the relay and thats at fault i just cannot work out how the pump runs even though one wire goes directly through the fuse holder but still works without a fuse when running. iv read that holding the switch should also turn the power on to the trim like it does when the engines running but it does nothing

+1
    Mine is living on the ground under a tree in the back yard I will take a look tomarro and see if I can help you on the wire colors. If I recall I wired mine so it would only run when it hit the button and not while the engine was running. Also if I recall the key needed to be on in order for it to work off the button.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    take a look at the "bilge pump control unit" looks like a rectifier. it applies power to the bilge pump when it detects that the motor is running by voltage from the stator.

use care mucking around the wiring. Replacement bits are very very expensive.

Thanks wire colours would be very helpful

+1
    I looked today, apparently I eliminated all the original wiring as I didn't want it running all the time it now has a automatic pump wired right to the battery with a inline fuse. I didn't remember doing that when we were talking the other day, been over 6 years since I used that ski.

+1
    Another reason I did it that way is cause it leaked water wear the shaft went though the hull due to the shaft being wore. Shitty design and hard to find parts nowadays for tiger sharks. Anyway it would take on water when sitting and I didn't want to beach it, so I wired it up as stated above.

Thread Information