Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

GP Bolt on bits-Feedback needed

O.k.
    I have found a company that seems to stock quite alot of bits for the older Gp's.(Atlantic jetsports)
    Can you give me some feedback on what you experienced tuners would go for?
    My riding will be in the surf/ocean, and the odd closed course race.
    Rideplate:They list:
    Jet dynamics
    R&D rough water plate
    Riva gp plate.
    I seem to remember ages ago that one of the Riva plates was quite crappy!
    Which one?Also, which plate would you go for?
    They also list a carbon fibre steering box. Is it worth it?
    Does the carbon fibre hood still leave accsess to the front bucket?
    Ive got a set of trim tabs also(Riva). Is it worth fitting them? 20mm hull extension does not seem much.
    Where shold I get my UMI steering system from?
    Thanks

We have been trying to do research on the jet dynamic plate/grates, so far no one has stepped up, with any info, other than it's worked well on other makes and types of skis .. The Riva 3 groove plate was the one to stay away from for an all out speed plate... as a rough water plate it's been claimed to have worked well in cc type of enviroment's.....I'd say an r&d with a true on the surfaces( jim's at performance or carl's at island) be a good one to bolt on with a top loader scoop grate.. for ocean running and the rough stuff . and then a 2 bar open grate for your speed runs .

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    +1
    Never heard of the R&D rough water ride plate. Can you provide more info on it....or if AJS has it, I will ask the about it. (AJS in New Jersey, USA?)

Carbon fiber steering box typically has vent holes in it; if you are going to us one buy some water proof nylon to cover them. (Outerwears sells it bulk)

I believe you have accessability issues when using the C/F hood with the front bucket.

The Riva plate that is crappy is the groovy plate.

I have a R Pot C/F ride plate for sale. It is a good rough water extended plate.

+1
    The carbon fiber steering box mounts under the hood it is a pillar that the steering mounts too my friend raced and had one it broke on him but that was in severe use. not sure it will gain you much.

Shop ebay it is cheaper to try things out. there is a JetDynamics plate right now sitting at $80

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by J-ME View Post
    Never heard of the R&D rough water ride plate. Can you provide more info on it....or if AJS has it, I will ask the about it. (AJS in New Jersey,
    Sorry-It's called their 'offshore' plate. Part #rd122-1200.
    Yes, it is AJS in new Jersey.
    Any pics of the Rpot plate that you could email me?
    Thanks

the jet dynamics plate on ebay is the watercross style plate (rough water),not sure if its the updated one...3 step cup/channel as apposed to the smooth taper'd one shown on their site.
    Last edited by w/rpm500; 03-16-2007 at 01:24 PM.

I just ordered a bunch of jets and things, from them and forgot they are closed from march 15 thru march 20, they wont be sending out any product till the 20th, they have always had great prices....
    if i need aftermarket for our skis, I use
    Atlantic Jet sports
    Parker Yamaha
    Boats.net
    Riva
    Dennis Kirk

+1
    Wonder if they have any 84.5mm ProX pistons I went somewhere else,can you say backorder.
    Found out on Monday it was backordered,I had been told they should go out on Thursday and I would get it early in the week.
    I'm sitting here waiting on Monday when i got an email.

Hey Scott. The piston is on backorder till 3/16/07 from my supplier. I am going to call to see if I can get it from another supplier. Sorry for the delay.
    I will keep you posted.
    Thanks
    Carl

Another email

I am sorry for the delay Scott. The piston is on backorder till 3/16/07 It is backordered from PRO-X Not my supplier. I will call one more time today and check on it. I will keep you posted.
    Thanks
    Carl

I was curious so I emailed ProX in the netherlands about 84.5mm pistons and got this reply

"Hans van Hulten" <[email protected]> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert To:[email protected] YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true;YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false;YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.lang = "us";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = -176188549;YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "";YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = {lw_1174070855_0: {text: '630 202 6472',startchar: 586,endchar: 597,weight: 1,type: ['shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/phone_number/us']}};YAHOO.Shortcuts.overlaySpaceId = "97546169";YAHOO.Shortcuts.hostSpaceId = "97546168";Hi Scott,We have more then 600 pistonkits (part# 01.2514.050 84.50mm) stockavailable in the Netherlands. Take care,Hans -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----Van: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Verzonden: dinsdag 13 maart 2007 16:38Aan: Info | ProxOnderwerp: Information Request WebformPro-X Information Request Webform. Client wants: Nearest DistributorFor: Yamaha GP1200 99Documentation: Piston_Kits Company: NoneCont. pers.: Scott DickieAddress: 570 Hill Dr #207Zipcode: Hoffman EstatesCity / state: IllinoisCountry: usaTel: 630 202 6472Fax: Email: [email protected]emarks: I have been waiting for a 84.5mm pro x piston kit from TopsidePowersports they just told me its back ordered not from his suplier butfrom PRO X I find this hard to bellieve.Is it true are 84.5mm piston kits backordered.SCOTT.........After Carl talking on the phone it turns out his suplier is the hold up not ProX I hate the word BACKORDER

parts

The C/F front end gives no access to the front bucket if left unmodified. It is one piece that Dzuz fastens to the hull. It needs to be cut in front of the steering head and braced on both sides of the cut in order to allow access to the front bucket. This somewhat defeats the purpose of the C/F front end as you're adding weight back to the cover. If you want one don't pay Atlantic Jet Sports 700.00 for one I'll sell an extra I have for quite a bit less. The Steering box can break if used and abused. It is quite a bit lighter than the stock steering box.....again this was a racing piece in the day....for recreational riding it probably isn't necessary. I have several ride plates in my collection that you might want to consider.....I have an Ocean Pro plate that would be great for rough water riding ( it will scrub speed though due to it's length), an RPot C/F plate that is also good for rough water CC type conditions ( it's not quite as long as the O/P plate and doesn't scrub quite so much speed) and a stock GP800 plate (short, optimum speed plate IMO, but will allow the boat to porpoise in nearly all water conditions other than glass). I'm going to bid on the Jet Dynamics plate as I've been wanting to try one. If I'm successful bidding on it I'll report my findings to the forum. IMO the best intake grate for the GP's is the R&D, although I'm dying to try a Jet Dynamics #15 grate and adapter.
    Mike
    Last edited by cfgp927; 03-17-2007 at 06:52 AM.

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    +1
    I am looking to get $80 plus shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2394.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	19093   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2393.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	19094  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information