Fuel System Diagnostics Question

Working on a 98 SLTX. I have figured out (Thank you cheap clear fuel hose) that the fuel system is not air tight and I have air getting into the fuel system at some point. Obviously there are only three possible culprits. The O-Ring on the water separator appears to be good so this leaves the fuel selector and the fuel sender as the only two possible issues (unless I am missing something). Obviously I can bypass the fuel selector/water separator to rule these two things out however it appears that I can't get the fuel sender out without unriveting the hull? Is this correct and how likely is there a problem with the fuel sender?

Well, I just read on another thread, that this user named BlueFishCrysis took apart his whole engine and did a full, rebuild on his SL 780 Fuji engine and found that the clear fuel lines were too thin and the stainless clamps did not have a good enough hold on the fuel hoses.

That could be the issue perhaps. He used thicker, black rubber fuel lines to fix this. I used those on my ski too, but I used them because they are more durable.

If you wanna check out his post, heres the link -> http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2139524

~ TC

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTech1018 View Post
    Working on a 98 SLTX. I have figured out (Thank you cheap clear fuel hose) that the fuel system is not air tight and I have air getting into the fuel system at some point. Obviously there are only three possible culprits. The O-Ring on the water separator appears to be good so this leaves the fuel selector and the fuel sender as the only two possible issues (unless I am missing something). Obviously I can bypass the fuel selector/water separator to rule these two things out however it appears that I can't get the fuel sender out without unriveting the hull? Is this correct and how likely is there a problem with the fuel sender?

The fuel sensor will come out without unriveting the hull.

+1
    If you want to remove the fuel sender you will need to unbolt the tank and slide it forward.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you should pressure test the system, leaks are easily found that way.

6. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    It could be something as simple as the inlet/outlet check valves not working properly. Like pete said, pressure test the system. The pressure relief should open at around 2.5 PSI

Thread Information