Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    g550plt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    130

    RXP vs RXT hole shot

    Hi guys .. I have an 05 RXP and RXT.. Both chargers were just overhauled by Riva.. Both skis have ~80 hours.. I just replaced the wear ring and Prop on RXP... Riva recommended changing both on RXT but I decided to hold off

    So..

    I notice the RXP seems to still cavitate a bit on a full throttle hole shot.. Bounces of the limiter for a few secs before it connects.. The RXT however just bites and go's.. They both accelerate at about same rate though until about 60 where the RXP pulls ahead .. My question is.. Should an RXP with new prop and wear ring still cavitate? Is it just a hull difference between the two? I notice the RXT seems to stay hooked up more in tight full throttle turns too.. This all sound normal?

    Thanks guys


  2. #2
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    Yep!!! The beauty of a rxt there's ways to work on the rxp to get it better but in that rxp's lifetime it will never pull out of the hull better than than rxt mod vs mods

  3. #3
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    RXP is shorter therefore likes to rabbit jump more. They pull ahead in the higher RPMs but just can't get off the line as quick in my experience.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4
    g550plt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    130
    Wow.. Very interesting .. Thanks for the feedback guys!

  6. #5
    primorxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    415
    +1
    11
    You shouldn't have 2 sec of cavitation what maybe a weak carbon seal if you have to big of a gap between impeller and wear ring it will take a second to hook up when you are turning do you trim the rxp down my rxt never out performed my rxp out of the hole or handling just in choppy water

  7. #6
    g550plt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    You shouldn't have 2 sec of cavitation what maybe a weak carbon seal if you have to big of a gap between impeller and wear ring it will take a second to hook up when you are turning do you trim the rxp down my rxt never out performed my rxp out of the hole or handling just in choppy water
    It's got a brand new wear ring and Solas prop .. Just had it done at Riva.. That's kinda what surprised me.. It doesn't seem that much better than it did with the "worn out" wear ring and prop

  8. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by g550plt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    You shouldn't have 2 sec of cavitation what maybe a weak carbon seal if you have to big of a gap between impeller and wear ring it will take a second to hook up when you are turning do you trim the rxp down my rxt never out performed my rxp out of the hole or handling just in choppy water
    It's got a brand new wear ring and Solas prop .. Just had it done at Riva.. That's kinda what surprised me.. It doesn't seem that much better than it did with the "worn out" wear ring and prop

    The problem is your carbon seal and bellow are worn out.

    Order a new carbon seal, bellow, support ring, O rings and new circlip. Items 38, 39, 37, 42 40 and 43 on this page of the forums OEM parts store
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....TEM---INTERNAL

    Then go to the forums performance store and order this pump seal
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2295

    and this bellow band
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1747

    Do these things and kiss your cavitation goodbye


    Also, an RXT will get out of the hole faster than an RXP because it has more hull surface area which helps it plane out faster

  9. #8
    g550plt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g550plt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    You shouldn't have 2 sec of cavitation what maybe a weak carbon seal if you have to big of a gap between impeller and wear ring it will take a second to hook up when you are turning do you trim the rxp down my rxt never out performed my rxp out of the hole or handling just in choppy water
    It's got a brand new wear ring and Solas prop .. Just had it done at Riva.. That's kinda what surprised me.. It doesn't seem that much better than it did with the "worn out" wear ring and prop

    The problem is your carbon seal and bellow are worn out.

    Order a new carbon seal, bellow, support ring, O rings and new circlip. Items 38, 39, 37, 42 40 and 43 on this page of the forums OEM parts store
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....TEM---INTERNAL

    Then go to the forums performance store and order this pump seal
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2295

    and this bellow band
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1747

    Do these things and kiss your cavitation goodbye


    Also, an RXT will get out of the hole faster than an RXP because it has more hull surface area which helps it plane out faster
    Will do.. Thanks so much for the input..!

  10. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by g550plt View Post
    Will do.. Thanks so much for the input..!
    No problem, happy to help!

  11. #10
    definitely sounds like the Carbon seal to me... I had the same issue with my RXP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. rxp vs rxt?
    By ryan*9 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 05:59 PM
  2. RXP vs RXT exhaust
    By R-Doo in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 03:34 PM
  3. rxp vs rxt acceleration?
    By goldhulk45 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 09:26 PM
  4. Stock!! RXP vs RXT top end
    By 1gunner in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 10:01 AM
  5. rxp vs rxt
    By Hapytruck01 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2005, 03:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •