Oil Change quantity help please!

So my mechanic calls and he's stumped. He's sucking the oil out of the waverunners (2010 FX SHO and 2010 FZS) and he got 4 quarts out of each. He's looking at the owner's manual and it's saying 4.55 Quart total capacity, 3.28 Quarts with oil filter. He doesn't know if he just nearly sucked all of the oil out or if it was previously over filled by roughly 0.7 quarts. He put 4 quarts back in and now the dip stick is reading high. BUT, the problem with that is on both skis this summer I'd always get a varying engine oil reading every time I checked them. Sometimes they'd read a little high, sometimes a little low, sometimes right on all the while I never added a drop to them. He's not sure if he should go by the dipstick reading and suck some out, or leave 4 quarts in it because that's how much he pulled out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by crvtt771 View Post
    So my mechanic calls and he's stumped. He's sucking the oil out of the waverunners (2010 FX SHO and 2010 FZS) and he got 4 quarts out of each. He's looking at the owner's manual and it's saying 4.55 Quart total capacity, 3.28 Quarts with oil filter. He doesn't know if he just nearly sucked all of the oil out or if it was previously over filled by roughly 0.7 quarts. He put 4 quarts back in and now the dip stick is reading high. BUT, the problem with that is on both skis this summer I'd always get a varying engine oil reading every time I checked them. Sometimes they'd read a little high, sometimes a little low, sometimes right on all the while I never added a drop to them. He's not sure if he should go by the dipstick reading and suck some out, or leave 4 quarts in it because that's how much he pulled out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    it has to be totally level to get the right reading i like checking the stick when i drop the ski in the water, And yes if the ski is tilted toward the right side yes you can get 4 quarts out.

Thank you

Thread Information