Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

2012 Kawasaki Ultra 300 LX - Blowoff Valve problem

I added the R&D "speed-up" module and cool air intake kit and now the blowoff valve pops at WOT. My local PWC speed shop is in the process of trying to modify the stock blowoff valve so that it will handle the additional rpm/hp created by the R&D mods. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so, what did you to to fix it?

Banned User
    +1
    All you have to do is tighten the spring takes all of 5 min.

+1
    Welcome.

We just talked about this. It just so happens to be a "couple" threads down - and still on the 1st page.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2275798

Good Luck !!!

+1

Thanks for the help - Need more information

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Welcome.

We just talked about this. It just so happens to be a "couple" threads down - and still on the 1st page.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2275798

Good Luck !!!
    I read the adjustment post (Thanks!) and can see how to adjust the BOV but how do I know what PSI it's being changed to? I'm concerned that by adjusting the screw down to the last two threads it may be increasing the PSI to a point where I could blow the Supercharger/Intercooler or worse. It would be really helpful to know both the OEM PSI and then what the PSI changes to after making the adjustment.
    Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

+1

Thanks - Need additional information.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    All you have to do is tighten the spring takes all of 5 min.
    I read the adjustment post (Thanks!) and can see how to adjust the BOV but how do I know what PSI it's being changed to? I'm concerned that by adjusting the screw down to the last two threads it may be increasing the PSI to a point where I could blow the Supercharger/Intercooler or worse. It would be really helpful to know both the OEM PSI and then what the PSI changes to after making the adjustment.
    Thanks for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

Banned User
    +1
    You coukd completely block it off and never blow Etger. The ski will not make more boost with your simple mods

+1
    Here's is the Block-off-Plate:

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1806

The maximum amount of boost created by the supercharger remains fixed - as FIRE stated above.

Good Luck !!!

+1
    I just found out that R&D Racing now sells an adjustable BOV specifically for the Ultra 300!!! Ultra 300 Adjustable Boost Control Valve Kit

The R&D Adjustable Boost Control Valve replaces the unreliable OEM Plastic boost control valve that quite often fails to hold consistent factory recommended boost pressure settings. A leaking and inconsistent boost control valve will cause a 10-30 horsepower loss in performance. The all aluminum constructed High Performance R&D Adjustable Valve offers perfect sealing and precise adjustment for consistent boost pressure control. The valve comes factory preset for 16 pounds boost and is adjustable up to 22 pounds. The valve mounts directly to the OEM location with a billet aluminum adaptor that offers boss locations that can be used to install a boost gauge. For those with a reprogrammed R&D ECU, this is a must have upgrade to allow the ECU to perform to full potential. kit includes all gaskets, hardware and installation instructions.
    Pt. # 611-25210

+1

New Adjustable BOV from R&D!!!

I just found out that R&D Racing now sells an adjustable BOV specifically for the Ultra 300!!! Ultra 300 Adjustable Boost Control Valve Kit

The R&D Adjustable Boost Control Valve replaces the unreliable OEM Plastic boost control valve that quite often fails to hold consistent factory recommended boost pressure settings. A leaking and inconsistent boost control valve will cause a 10-30 horsepower loss in performance. The all aluminum constructed High Performance R&D Adjustable Valve offers perfect sealing and precise adjustment for consistent boost pressure control. The valve comes factory preset for 16 pounds boost and is adjustable up to 22 pounds. The valve mounts directly to the OEM location with a billet aluminum adaptor that offers boss locations that can be used to install a boost gauge. For those with a reprogrammed R&D ECU, this is a must have upgrade to allow the ECU to perform to full potential. kit includes all gaskets, hardware and installation instructions.
    Pt. # 611-25210

Banned User
    +1
    There's allrady a whole another thread on it. They even posted the links above. And it's still a waist of money.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information