Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Check out R&D's new turbo kit

It's on display at world finals. If anyone is interested in a test ride see Glenn or Bill with R&D.

I wish I was there to take a ride on this beast!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	755 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	316046  

+1
    Jerry,

Could you PLEASE keep us posted as to any more specs, eta/availability dates & pricing info - Once you get the scoop.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Jerry,

Could you PLEASE keep us posted as to any more specs, eta/availability dates & pricing info - Once you get the scoop.

Thanks

Will do!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WP3223 View Post
    Jerry,

Thanks
    +1

Who makes complete kits? R&D, h20, Watson Racing any others? Will rivas ever be out?

+1
    H20 was the hotness a couple of years ago, but apparently has it has been hard to find any current user info or reviews. Watson Racing appears to be a good setup, but is too expensive IMO @ $7500 w IC & no US or UK customer support. And it appears that the Riva kit will not end up making it to the market.

This R&D kit could be the new best high end setup - If priced for rec riders/larger market. And ideal for someone who has not already spent a lot of money on mods yet (IC, SC upgraded, BOV, Intake, etc), and would be in a $$ position to buy a "kit". In all of my research on the SHO platform, the one point of contention for me was the pre 13' clutches. Yes, Riva and R&D both have made some vastly improved SC upgrades available & the 13' clutches do seem to be holding up well for the average rider.

But for me personally, this kit could be the "ticket" - if priced appropriately. For the price of SC upgrades, an IC/Bov, and couple of clutches = "R&D Turbo". This R&D turbo kit would be ideal for any offshore riders who are coming unhooked & still tearing up clutches, or someone who wants to take it to the "next level" with a built motor & boost - without the clutch hassles.

I'm kinda thinking this kit with a V88R dual map setup would make a killer rec/race ski, for many more customers/riders without super deep pockets..

Guess only time will tell!
    Last edited by WP3223; 01-17-2014 at 04:09 AM.

+1
    There was a thread about someone's bad experience with h20 recently on here so not sure what to think plus being uk based wouldn't have much recourse if it went wrong. Riva posted a video of their rxp turbo kit before on Facebook and when I asked when the SHO kit would be out they said immediately after the seadoo release which should be next week. A full package would be good.

+1
    There was also a thread about a rius' turbo install which seems to of disappeared.....

+1
    Turbo's do have some big advantages, if engineered/ fabbed correctly & priced reasonably. I believe the Riva kit has been coming "next week" for a really long time, and is too much $ for me at 8k plus (with IC). If we can get a quality R&D kit with IC for around 5k, I think it would bring a "spark" to SHO high performance..

+1
    I didn't realise riva was 8k that's even more than watsons :\ when we will get specs on r&d's?

+1
    From this thread - Jerry is usually the first to learn & pass on the breaking news & info. In due time..

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information