Thread: 2004 RXP Chrome removal project.
10-11-2013, 11:54 PM #1
2004 RXP Chrome removal project.
I bought this 04 RXP in July, see full story here.
The black, green, silver and chrome look was not working for me so I figured I would try and tone it down a bit. The side grills had oxidized badly and were actually green in places and the chrome had started to bubble. All other exterior pieces were in good shape given the condition of the ski when I bought it.
The vent hoses were replaced with black ones, the front hood chrome nose trim was painted black, the side grills were painted with a crinkle paint to hide the bubbling chrome, rear grab handle was replaced with a black one from an RX, the knee pads were replaced with black off a later RXP, the rub rail inserts were replaced with black and the grips were replaced with ODIs. I also have a set of black checker plate Blacktip mats that will be going on over the winter.
I really like the toned down black and green look.
10-13-2013, 11:53 AM #2
man that is clean. i like it. i am not a fan of chrome on anything. well done.
10-13-2013, 01:11 PM #3
- Join Date
- May 2013
10-13-2013, 01:51 PM #4
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
put the green rub rail inserts back in and take a few more pics. I would replace the 04 sponsons with the newer 05+ verision.
10-13-2013, 04:46 PM #5
How bad would this ski be with a black seat cover...
10-14-2013, 09:35 PM #6
10-14-2013, 09:53 PM #7
man i have that same ski i like the change up looks very good
10-15-2013, 04:44 PM #8
02-10-2014, 11:36 PM #9
Over the winter the following mechanical work was done:
- Supertech intake and exhaust valves with new valve seals and head gasket.
- ARP head studs.
- ARP flywheel bolts.
- 08 oiler mod.
- Removed fuel pick up cleaned the tank and new fuel filters.
- ET 127 wheel with 42lb injectors.
- Billet steering nut.
- Whale 650 bilge pump.
- New wear ring and impeller went to Impros for a clean up and re pitch.
Body / cosmetic work:
- Found a previous hull repair that was cracked and had let water in so that had to be ground out and re glassed.
- Wet sanded and polished the hull top and bottom.
- Had the plastic pieces behind the knee pads painted black.
- New Black Tip checker plate mats.
- 05 sponsons.
- Removed most of the side decals. I very lightly scored the vinyl around the "RXP" then peeled the rest of the decal off.
Waiting for fabric samples from Jettrim then I think I'm done, yah right !
02-11-2014, 05:47 AM #10
Very good choices
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Cobalt in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM
WTB - Parts Black or chrome side gills for 2004 rxpBy BDNJ in forum Sea Doo ClassifiedsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2012, 12:16 PM
By Tonkadog in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 05-01-2012, 05:10 PM
By Thomas in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-23-2007, 12:14 AM
By premlulla in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 02-07-2007, 12:21 PM