Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Speedfreeks Air Guzzler II

Hey Everyone, putting together a small list of parts together for my RXT , one of those being the speedfreeks guzzler II , does anyone have experience with this? This upcoming riding season will mostly have some minor mods, probably just a waterbox w/ thru hull and a rear air ( plus some help from jerry and chris with the head/sc rebuild). I haven't read too much on this intake. A little worried about water ingestion, but i only ride freshwater and saltwater here and there ( usually not in choppy water), freshwater will most likely consist of some splashing and horseplay but nothing crazy. The guzzler II has air vents through the seat, has anyone found a way to maybe put some flo-rite type material over it?Also, speedfreeks site says it's made to be compatible with rear exhaust and side mounted IC's , I'm wondering if it'll work with stock IC on a 215 rxt? I've emailed speedfreeks but haven't heard a reply yet, hopefully someone here can give some input or experience.Thanks!

+1
    never used this intake, but a rear air is where its at.

3. +1 by:

that's what i hear! just concerned with the water ingestion, if there's some sort of water protection that'd make me feel a bit better, any ideas? I was hoping speedfreeks would respond but its been about a week or so...

+1
    if you believe water may/will be getting in there then you should use a different system

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostfed View Post
    Hey Everyone, putting together a small list of parts together for my RXT , one of those being the speedfreeks guzzler II , does anyone have experience with this? This upcoming riding season will mostly have some minor mods, probably just a waterbox w/ thru hull and a rear air ( plus some help from jerry and chris with the head/sc rebuild). I haven't read too much on this intake. A little worried about water ingestion, but i only ride freshwater and saltwater here and there ( usually not in choppy water), freshwater will most likely consist of some splashing and horseplay but nothing crazy. The guzzler II has air vents through the seat, has anyone found a way to maybe put some flo-rite type material over it?Also, speedfreeks site says it's made to be compatible with rear exhaust and side mounted IC's , I'm wondering if it'll work with stock IC on a 215 rxt? I've emailed speedfreeks but haven't heard a reply yet, hopefully someone here can give some input or experience.Thanks!
    I have and use this rear air from Speedfreeks....
    http://speedfreeksracing.com/products/12

I ride freshwater only......and have never had a problem with water ingestion.

awesome thanks tommygunner! Do you know if it'll work with stock IC ? Any vids or pics?

+1
    I have an RXT-X which has an external IC & has been relocated via the Riva IC relocation kit. Without it, it won't fit.

nuts, would an external IC be overkill on a ski such simple mods? Not sure what benefit it would have at that level, but in the future (maybe the next s/c rebuild) i'm planning on an et 127 wheel and 42# injectors, that would probably the extent of the modding but that's in the future. Seems to be pretty expensive for an rxt to just run rear air. *edit* did you mean without the external ic it wouldn't work? or without the relocator? or both, heh.

+1
    My brother in-law has a second ski for his wife, a GTX-SC and added an external TX IC (it had no IC) using the IC bracket from my TX. With it, a re-pitched impeller and a different intake grate the ski picked up about 3 mph. Adding an external IC is a good idea. Look in the classified section where you can find good used parts for sale at reasonable prices.

Thanks tommygunner, i've been eyeballing the jfizzle ic kit for a little while, maybe that'll be on the list for this riding season.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information