Winterizing Ultra LX

Newbie here. Getting ready to winterize the newly purchased 2013 Ultra LX and I have a few questions?1. Is there a trick to removing the cooling water hose (page 114/115 in the manual)? Just keep pulling on it until it breaks free? Mine seems to be cemented on and I can barely fit my hand in the engine compartment to get good leverage on it.2. Is it okay to leave the battery installed in the ski (stored in garage) and hook up a trickle charger directly to it, or does the battery need to be disconnected first?3. What brand product is everyone using for fogging the cylinders?4. Any other tips of things that I should do, besides what's listed in the manual, before putting this machine into hibernation for the winter?Any comments appreciated.Thanks

+1
    Welcome aboard the Hulk..

Use the search function on the site and it will answer your questions.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Leave the battery installed is fine.
    What cooling hose & why? You can run some anti-freeze thru your hose hook-up. Really just need to get all the water out of the exhaust that you can.
    Fogging oil is fogging oil. I use Kawasaki or Maxima.
    I do not winterize I ride all year. Maybe someone that lives in colder climate can help you better.
    Good luck and by the way congratulations as you own what myself and many think is the BEST all-around ski there is.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Also some guys say use ethanol Stabil in the fuel, fill the tank up, and run some so it is in the entire fuel system. Some guys say empty the fuel, run it in your car. I have done both and both worked fine.

+1
    Put the stabil blue into the tank and let it run for a minute on the hose before you blow out the waterbox then push some antifreeze through the system with a bilge pump. I generally use the GM orange stuff as it's safe for aluminium. Like others said any fogging oil will do. Spray some lube of your choice over the motor and pump. the last thing I do is get a bunch of containers damp rid all over inside the hull. They are cheap and it's amazing how much moisture they pull out. Good luck.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by A12 View Post
    Just keep pulling on it until it breaks free? Mine seems to be cemented on and I can barely fit my hand in the engine compartment to get good leverage on it.
    If possible replace the rubber hoses with silicone heater hose http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?category=154

+1
    why would he need to do this? something you know that nobody else is aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by fcr100098 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A12 View Post
    Just keep pulling on it until it breaks free? Mine seems to be cemented on and I can barely fit my hand in the engine compartment to get good leverage on it.
    If possible replace the rubber hoses with silicone heater hose http://www.boostcontroller.com/index.php?category=154

Thread Information